Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-02-2009, 10:41 AM   #1

SUN #292
Honda03842 is an unknown quantity at this point
Netflix

Does anyone use Netflix while on the move in their RV? Having movies mailed to different addresses.

Thanks \

Norm Milliard

Old 03-03-2009, 06:38 AM   #2

SUN #292
Netflix answer

I tracked down the answer and since 40 people read the post I thought I'd give the answer.

We're Escapees so I went to the Escapee forum where there's a higher percentage of mostly full timers who would use these services as travelers.

There are three choices for DVDs for the traveler, Netflix, Blockbuster and Redboxes. Redboxes are like DVD phone boxes located all over the country where you can rent a DVD for $1. They have a limited selection but the price is right.

Netflix has 100 shipping locations around the country. You can go on-line and change the ship to address at any time and get a DVD in a couple of days. Blockbuster has a similar plan however with Blockbuster for a few additional dollars per month you can get and return DVDs to stores as well as using the mail.

Both Blockbuster and Netflix allow the downloading of movies, however that maybe costly in terms of downloading capacity for most travelers.

As a cost comparison, the minimum plans from BB and Net are around $9 per month; from Redbox that means 9 movies a month. I believe none of the plans have late fees.

Happy RVing,

Norm and Ginny Milliard, still in Sunny Florida munching strawberries

Next year we'll take a DVD player with us and try one of these plans.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:00 AM   #3

SUN #292
Netflix domination

I happened to notice in the checkout line that Consumer Reports this month compares the various DVD services. I didn't buy it but it seemed Netflix was the highest rated.

Norm Milliard