Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-06-2014, 05:40 PM   #1

SUN #6197
Hsfdfireman is an unknown quantity at this point
My new sunline T-320sr slideout problems

I just bought this and noticed the slideout is in further on one side than the other I need to know how to adjust it? Also is it hard to pull it all the way out to fix a wall?

Old 04-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #2

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Search for JohnB's post on slide repair. He did just what you want to do and I think the same model.

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:00 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Hsfdfireman

Will try to help as I can but need some more about your problem to help better.

There are 2 sides to the slide. Crawl under the camper and look up at the slide drive system. There are 2 arms that hold the entire slide up. We need to figure out if yours is the Lippert system or the Barker as they adjust different.

This thread shows the Barker and the Lippert
http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...lem-13490.html

This one has some help on the Lippert
http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...out-12130.html

More on the Lippert
http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...sue-14825.html

Need to know what vintage you have? And what year camper?

And is it the master rack (has the motor drive on it) or the slave rack (has a drive shaft driving it) that needs adjustment?

A heads up, before you adjust the slide, need to know what the problem is. The adjustments are not complex (unless the bolts are frozen solid) however the adjustments are not always intuitive. And you can by accident adjust to try and help one area and create another area problem. Once the whole problem is understood and which problem you are having, then 1 or 2 adjustments can sometimes fix you right up.

Any chance of some pic's of the issues and the slide system under the camper? They really help show us what you are up against.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:31 PM   #4

SUN #6197
Hsfdfireman is an unknown quantity at this point
It's a 2000 I believe it's the baker you posted the left rear side if your inside looking at it is about 2 1/2" from being tight against the wall also it has gotten wet and the wAll has droped down about 2" I need to know if the slide will come all the way out easy? I can fix the wall if I can get it out also when it's run in the bottom is in farther on the same side thanks for the help
Old 04-08-2014, 06:59 PM   #5

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi, If yours is a year 2000, odds are pointing more to the Barker unit. A year or more newer and the Lippert unit came into play

What you are describing about one side of the slide being 2 1/2" short of coming in all the way points to: (this would be for the Barker unit)

Can be any of these or a combo of them

1. Slide drive jumped time. Odds are low it jumped teeth however shearing a pin in the drive shaft to the pinion gear or at the motor drive very possible. Look to see if the drive shafts have all the bolts or pins in place.

2. At the end of the slide arms is generally some type of slotted adjustment where it attaches to the slide itself. If the slot slipped you may see rust witness lines. If slipped, then once you get it out, jack up the slide gently, put jack under outside slide wall, take just enough weight off to lift a 1/8". Then loosen the bolts over the slot and shift the slide. Floor jack on concrete works best as the jack rolls with the slide.

3. One of the arms bent. Odds are low, but confirm with a straight edge.

If you cannot find it, get a helper and position yourself from the opposite side of the camper, (non slide side) bend down and look from a distance (6 to 8ft away) at the slide drive shafts. Have the helper just jog the motor. Are both shafts turning and then are both sprockets turning? If a pin or bolt sheared you can see which one is not turning. If one side is sheared, the slide will be in a bind trying to move and not go out.

Hope this helps. Glad to yak more as needed. Good hunting

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote