Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-04-2017, 03:27 PM   #1

SUN #6579
Relie is an unknown quantity at this point
Low water pressure

I've got very low water pressure, both hot & cold. It's only the kitchen & the shower. Bathroom sink is fine. Any ideas?

Dave

Old 07-04-2017, 07:33 PM   #2

SUN #8237
johnnybgood is an unknown quantity at this point
Dave, try unscrewing the screens from the head of the faucets and clean them.

Old 07-04-2017, 07:57 PM   #3

SUN #6579
That's the first thing I did. No difference.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:22 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Are you using the on board water pump or the city water hook up?

Question: Is this the first time you have used the camper with the problem (means you inherited the problem from a prior owner) or this has been working OK and then went slow? Try and explain any events leading up to this.

The screens tip was the first I was going to suggest but you have been through that already.

Also, do the knobs turn real hard? Harder then normal.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:17 PM   #5

SUN #6579
Water pressure problem

City hookup.

Noticed the problems this season. Seems like the pressure just got worse this year.

No not hard at all. Cant figure why its only these two faucets.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:57 PM   #6

SUN #89
H'mm,

Well, lets try this. Please confirm your camper is a 1999 T2553. This is a front kitchen, mid pass through bath with a rear bedroom.

The fresh tank, it is under the bed in the back? This means the water pump is in the back of the camper.

Since this issue does this on city water, have you tried testing the issue when using the pump and the fresh tank? That would be a big find regardless how it comes out and could lead to the next steps in troubleshooting. Especially if the water pump works normal and city water has low flow.
  • Also where on the camper is the city water inlet? Is it in the bedroom wall, the bathroom wall or up front by the kitchen?
  • Also where are the low point drain valves in relation to the bath faucet, shower and kitchen faucet and the city water inlet?
  • And confirm the hot water heater is under the bed or in the cabinet next to the bed?

I'm trying to figure out any possibility in the piping of the camper to cause this but need to know a little on the piping layout.

Here is another thing to ring out, while you pulled the screen out of the kitchen faucet, did you pull out the entire aerator plastic fitting up inside the faucet above the screen? Basically all the way back to the piping in the faucet head leaving nothing left inside but the open pipe. Some minerals and crud can get caught in the aerator sometimes.

If it blasts out with the aerator out and the screen, then it points to the aerator some how. If it trickles out with the aerator out, then we have something upstream in the piping.

Try the kitchen faucet test on both the fresh tank & pump as well as city water.

If it is only happening on city water, then this points to the check valve/screen on the fresh water inlet port. I have had that check valve apart before and it might be stuck part way open. I'm guessing the city water port is in the bath room area. "IF" I have this right, the bath sink is the 1st in line, the shower, toilet is next and the kitchen is the last in the line. The pressure drop would be the smallest at the bath faucet and get larger the further away and through other small orifices allowing lower flow. The shower has a real small orifice in the vacuum breaker valve on top of the faucet where the hose screws on. Low flow can affect this area due to that small orifice. At least I think that is where your is on a 99 camper.

Hope this helps

John

Old 07-05-2017, 08:13 PM   #7

SUN #6579
Low water pressure

Thanks John, this gives me a project for the next time I come down here. Heading home ( Mass) for a few days.
Yes it's the model you quoted. The pump didn't work when last checked last fall.
The low drains are under the rear bed.
The h/w heater is in cabinet next to that bed.
The city water inlet is at the front of trailer.
Have changed the airator on the kitchen faucet and even tried without it. Flow seems a little better without it.
Going to see about replacing the whole faucet and the shower unit.
If that doesn't do it I'll have to buy a newer, bigger trailer. Lol
Thanks again for your help.

Dave
Old 07-05-2017, 08:47 PM   #8

SUN #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relie View Post
If that doesn't do it I'll have to buy a newer, bigger trailer. Lol :-
Now that's funny!

To help save you from getting a new camper....

Before you replace the camper... yank the screen out of the city water inlet valve and take a flash light and have a look inside.

See this post on mine. http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...air-11736.html

There may be some crud or something behind the screen creating a blockage. Once the screen is out, the plunger will be closed or should be. With absolutely no water pressure on the system.... open the faucets inside to bleed it all off, very gently push the plunger. It should move real free inwards. If it is jammed, that is a problem. Then take the whole thing out of the camper and take it apart and or replace it. This valve is a lot cheaper then a new camper... or even a facuet.

Assuming that all works... it might be you just have calcium build up in the kitchen and shower faucet internally.

The shower faucet knobs and entire valve stem for hot and cold comes out fairly easy out of the faucet head. There is a plastic hex nut behind the knob that you unscrew and out the valve stem comes. You can look inside with a flash light for any kind of white hard crusty build up. I'm assuming your 99 works the same way my 2004 faucets does in this regard and is still the factory one.

Hope this helps

John