Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-28-2007, 07:45 PM   #1

SUN #114
pamwinn
Location of Water Heater bypass on T-1950?

The weather is getting a little nasty in GA and I am worried that the blow-out method is not enough. Can someone tell me where the by-pass is and where the line is that I need to put in the antifreeze bottle to such the pink stuff through the system. I have no clue as to where these are located.

Old 01-29-2007, 07:51 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Morning Pam,

The water heater bypass is located on the back of the heater. Which means the bypass is actually located/accessed from inside the coach. Sorry, I can't remember if the heater is under the bed or couch, but you should know where it is. As for putting "pink" anti-freeze in the lines, once again, your gonna have to check to see "IF" your 1950 has the winterizing kit on it. For this you need to locate where your "water pump is and see "IF" there is a valve on the ingoing line, if there is there should also be a short piece of hose that is not connected to anything on the one end. This end would be stuck into the bottle of pink and with valve turned to draw from this hose, turn water pump on and then turn on faucets one at a time till they run pink, proceed until all faucets run pink, then do shower(s) interior & exterior, and commode (also leave a small amount in the commode once you close the valve. Gosh, hope I typed all that correctly, and you can understand it. Been a while since I had the 1950 so not posative about locations of things anymore.

Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:36 PM   #3

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Pam,

Our 1950 - has the by-pass under the bed.
Good luck!
Kathy
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:45 PM   #4

SUN #114
pamwinn
Thanks. I guess the water heater bypass is going to be under the sofa then. I have no idea where to look for the pump though. It sounds like it is coming from somewhere near the breaker box that I can't access. Do you have to crawl under the trailer to get to it?

Our lowpoint drains are under the bed....at least that is what I think those lines are.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:30 PM   #5

SUN #50
edzius
Water Heater & Pump on T-1950

If you have a late model 2006 or 2007 T1950 the water heater & Pump were relocated from under the bed to under the sofa. The water tank was also relocated from under the bed inside the camper to underneath the living room floor on the outside, tucked between the frame rails, with a capacity increase to 40 Gallons.

If you look under the sofa skirt at the toe board you will see a metal grate similar to a furnace return grille. Remove this and you will see the water heater. Right at the front is a single bypass valve on the bottom fitting of the tank, the upper fitting has a check valve.

Attached is a photo of the valve configuration:
This shows you what position your bypass and low point drain valves should be in for normal use or winter storage.

The water pump is also under the sofa to your left as your looking at the water heater. As Kitty said; if there is a hose with an open end that would be for antifreeze pickup. if it is not there you may have to install one.

Sorry I don't have photos...it's too @#$!% cold & snowy outside for me to venture out tonite.

Ed
edzius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:32 PM   #6

SUN #114
pamwinn
Thank you

Thanks for the diagram edzius. That will be most helpful. I'm not sure I understand about the lowpoint drain valves though. Are they supposed to be open all winter?

Something strange is going on with this message board as I already posted this message yesterday and I guess it went "poof". This is the second time this has happened.