Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #1

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Little Sunny in Big Sunny’s Spot

Since we talk about just about everything with our Sunlines, thought I would post this. As many of you know, my 2004 T2499 is for sale as I finally have come to grips with parting with it. It is listed here on SOC in the For Sale Forum. Well she still sleeps in the shed until some happy camper family comes along and wants to take her home. Here you can see how much shed I have left… Not much.

Well this weekend it is mod time for big Sunny. YEH!!! Woodworking and I need the shed back, at least for the weekend. So I pulled Little Sunny out and parked her on Big Sunny’s pad. OMG…. It seems so small and strange there, there is like 6 feet of extra room...

Normally Big Sunny eats up the entire pad area and the tongue is slight forward of the building like this. And she will not fit inside unless I don't mind having 2 feet of something stick out... And rasie the roof about 6" Already tried...

Well I must say it was a shock and a laugh seeing the small camper there on that pad with so much extra room.

Here are both of them in the yard.

This will only last until about Monday night, then Little Sunny goes back inside and I will loose the shed again….

Any one wanting Little Sunny, asking $8,200 as she is and she’s yours. A great Camper at a fair value. Extra options are available.

Stay tuned for the wood working project on Big Sunny soon to be completed. Here are some sneak peeks. OK what is it? Other then making a ton of saw dust all over the shed….

More to come

John

PS OK a hint. This goes in the bed room up front.

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:28 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Gee, what a generous hint...

Hmm, what can it be???

The little sticks. Four look to be so close to the same size and the two others are close too so I doubt you'll be cutting them down from here.

From the plywood, I'm guessing you are making shelves of some sort. Does the cabinet between the bathroom and bedroom (next to the TV cabinet) have shelves already? Another guess would be that you're making shelves for either that cabinet or one or both of the ones on either side of the bed. But those two aren't that tall due to the storage bay underneath...

In looking back at the pictures of the coach at Veurink's, I'm guessing it must have spurred on some modding. Are you making shelves inside the TV cabinet too and then making a door for that to hold a flat screen?

I'm leaning toward the latter guesses because the piece of plywood you're cutting (or should I say probably cut already) looks to be about the size of the TV cabinet or the cabinet next to it...

Jon

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #3

SUN #89
Jon

The mod is a combo of JohnB original (Actually Cindy want….) and a spur off of a Kitty mod. At this time…. they have nothing to do with the TV cabinet. Have not made it to that yet…. And the mods on the T310 coach at Veurink's, I have not made it to them yet either….

Since you seem to be honing in on those little sticks…. Here is a close up. Stained and varnished in advance.

The cabinets on the side of the bed. Already did them. Actually did them on the T2499 but moved the mod over to the T310SR since Sunline made the cabinets so exact they exactly fit. That and the fact I bought almost the same floor plan the 2nd time, just longer....

Good guesses, but nope not yet. But your gaining and not that far off. I gave too close a hint I see the first time. But not much get's past you if it's Sunline realted so I'm not suprised you almost got it.

John

PS here is another part of the weekend activity. This came along with the little sticks.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:32 PM   #4

SUN #123
Too close a hint!!!! That bedroom is so big, yet so small...

I'm assuming you refinished the table since you were staining? It looks like it has a nice shine to it. I can understand why you'd probably need to refinish it. Those wood tops get chips and marks in them so easily...believe me, I have personal experience with the motorhome, and dark wood too! And we've tried to be as easy as possible on it, but it's still covered in scratches and has one dent from a mug falling out of the cabinet...

I had a funny feeling you had finished those sticks. They looked shiny. So will you cut them down at all? They look like they're 4' and 5' tall. Not many places they can go. They appear to be a frame for something.

I am surprised the cabinet door for the center isn't in all this.

A mod to the hamper to make it larger? OK, I guess this technically isn't in the bedroom, but I've found it in all my research (yes it's killing me, I've had to research)

My only other guess would be something under the bed, and to be a take on Kitty's since she had the twins would make sense, but you don't have much room under there.

I must give up now...

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Old 09-13-2009, 05:14 AM   #5

SUN #128
Tweety
My turn...Mr Tweety put a shelf under the bed but on top of the drawers so we store all of our linens there. It gives us about 4" of space but it sucks up alot of towels and sheets. Could that be the mod? The supplies look similar, and engineers DO tend to think alike
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:48 AM   #6

SUN #89
Comments in blue. Your gaining!!! Almost got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan
Too close a hint!!!! That bedroom is so big, yet so small... LOL, you got that right! The hint was what room the mod is in. There are a lot of spaces in that camper yet to do stuff with.

I'm assuming you refinished the table since you were staining? It looks like it has a nice shine to it. BINGO!!! Dead on! and for the same reasons you stated.

I had a funny feeling you had finished those sticks. They looked shiny. So will you cut them down at all? They look like they're 4' and 5' tall. Not many places they can go. They appear to be a frame for something.

Yup, right on this account. But they are 96" long and about 60". The original plan would use the long ones at about 92, 1/8" but then a new problem came up. H'mm can't get the darn thing in there.... so it is now in 2 segements. OK so now how many places are 92 1/8" inside the camper???

A mod to the hamper to make it larger? OK, I guess this technically isn't in the bedroom, but I've found it in all my research (yes it's killing me, I've had to research)

The hamper space is still open for thoughts as we where staring at it last weekend in the CG. A lot of wasted space in that hole but we do like the hamper, so the hamper area is still on hold. For now...

My only other guess would be something under the bed, and to be a take on Kitty's since she had the twins would make sense, but you don't have much room under there.

Undere the bed, no not at this point. Did Kitty do some mods under the beds? Missed that one.

I must give up now...

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety
My turn...Mr Tweety put a shelf under the bed but on top of the drawers so we store all of our linens there. It gives us about 4" of space but it sucks up alot of towels and sheets. Could that be the mod? The supplies look similar, and engineers DO tend to think alike

H’mm hey I like that idea Give Mr. Tweety a high five for me Right now under the bed is sort of a jumbled up pile of extra hoses and extra power cords, a 12 quart pot, emergency roof repair kit, a few games and other stuff that is complex to get to but we still want them. Under the bed will be a future project.
OK Sunline Fan, here are 3 more hints. At this rate I’ll have most of my pics up to put the mod post together. Actually

OK got to go finish. Only 5 ½ more days before Big Sunny starts to head north east for 2 weeks with a pit stop at the ADK M & G. So much yet to do, so little time… It’s been fun. More Later

John

Old 09-13-2009, 01:14 PM   #7

SUN #406
chuck & lori
Looks to me like you are making some sort of cabinet. The 2 pics on the table saw look like rails/stiles for a door, and the big sheet of plywood and the long pieces will become the cabinet. Don't know enough about your coach to know where you might put this though
Old 09-13-2009, 06:18 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to EMD_Driver Send a message via Yahoo to EMD_Driver
In a previous mod post, you mentioned that Cindy didn't like all the mirrors. Could this mod be mirror removal, along with some new addition?

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:55 PM   #9

SUN #89
Wow your all getting closer…. OK I’m pooped out…. All the construction is done. Shed is a sawdust disaster area.

Since you are all so close, see more events from the weekend. The mods have now extended out into the bathroom. All the “sticks” that Sunline Fan declared are mounted in the camper. The rest is stained and in the varnish (Polycrylic) dept.

See if you can figure out where all the mod puzzle pieces fit in the garage. And yes the table goes back in the slide area of the kitchen…. I can see I’m going to have one big mod post coming to fill all the gaps… But won't have finished pics until the top coating is over and the woodwork mounted.

Now Kitty you for sure should know where one of these pieces fit?

The big mods (long 3 section thing) will work on many models of front bedroom Sunlines. Where can you fit something in 3 sections that is 92 ¼ long…

The other 2 small boards by the table are going to take Sunline research…. Any Fans out there?

Good Night

John

Old 09-14-2009, 07:16 AM   #10

SUN #385
Hematite
Hey, that's a great old Ford tractor! What year and hp is it John?

2007 Ford F150 FX4 Supercab 4x4, 5.4 FFV engine, 3.73LS.
Hematite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:24 AM   #11

SUN #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hematite
Hey, that's a great old Ford tractor! What year and hp is it John?
Ford model 3600, 3 cylinder diesel, 42 HP, 8 speeds forward, 2 reverse, 2 stage clutch. I bought it in 1984, was about 2 years old then. Logged a lot of hours on it since then in Columbia County although the daily hours are now a lot less….. It is now my lawn mower most of the time. 6 Foot finishing mower on 3 point hitch.

Since my neighbors see me out mowing with it, every now and them I get a “Hey John can you do this?” Sure. Which was the case Saturday AM. Neighbor needed his lawn disked up to reseed.

The 10 foot bush hog mower I have to go behind it get's similar requests for field mowing.

It will last me the rest of my days and then the son can have it. Just keep rebuilding it.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:41 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
OK, your removing the stationary panel in the center of the cabinet over the head of the bed, and replacing it with a hinged door so Cindy can access "stuff" easier, that is the small framed panel you have made. Now, to get my brain to focus on your other pieces

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:55 PM   #13

SUN #549
frank
John,

Table looks beautiful! And the door came out great. I really need to spend some time with the table saw and learn how to crank those out.

I guess I'm going to need another tour of Camper 2 next week!

- Frank
Old 09-14-2009, 08:17 PM   #14

SUN #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyonkitty
OK, your removing the stationary panel in the center of the cabinet over the head of the bed, and replacing it with a hinged door so Cindy can access "stuff" easier, that is the small framed panel you have made. Now, to get my brain to focus on your other pieces

Kitty
Kitty comes thru YEH Since that door mod was a take off yours, I’m glad you found that one. You inspired me

Lets see who is in the lead.

Sunline Fan nailed the table top was refinished right off. 1 point. He also figured out the “sticks” where pre finished. 1/2 point

Chuck and Lori picked out the door slot on the bench saw. 1 point

Tweety came with a new mod idea I had not thought of before! 1 point.

EMD_Driver, sorry Cindy does the mirror covering mods with paper piecing patch sewing. But 1/2 point for trying.

Hemitite named the Ford Tractor. 1/2 point.

Kitty wins the door, where it goes and why. 1 ½ points.

So we have tie for first.

Just came in from more Polycrylic coating… so I can’t mount any yet so at least 1 more day of guessing…

Here is the opening Kitty was talking about. Who EVER put that panel in went staple happy… my goodness . I wanted to save the panel in case I needed it. Who ever repeats this mods and wants to save that panel, this is an intense pain in the neck … literally.

OK nows what left? Well 3 more mods yet to go.

This is one mod

This is 2 mods

Kitty, 2 of those 3 mods left will fit in Sunny 14. They go in 2 rooms. Bed and Bath. Sunline Fan one of them will fit in your bath room. Tweety, 1 will fit in your bath room. Basically any one with a pass thru bath, 1 will work. Anyone with a front bedroom 1 will work. The other one I think is T310SR specific.

Good luck.

John

Old 09-14-2009, 08:33 PM   #15

SUN #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank
John,

Table looks beautiful! And the door came out great. I really need to spend some time with the table saw and learn how to crank those out.

I guess I'm going to need another tour of Camper 2 next week!

- Frank
Frank

The table, yes it is coming out well. Now have 4 coats on top and maybe 1 more.

And I was pleased with the door too. Afraid I was going to mess it up at the last moment. Used a carbide Dado in the bench saw. All grove cuts done there. I was too chicken to put it in the Radial arm saw. Literally an exercise in how to saw.... This one was a test drive/learning how to do it on pine before I start into Maple in the kitchen area. I can fudge the soft wood easier… The clear maple I have is now over 25 year old. Came out of a mill in NYS. I'm sure it is like steel now... Sparks flew out of the saw back them... now???

Still have some more top coating to go and mount the hardware. The lighting does not show up well on the stain but it matches the table legs exactly. The center panel is Birch. The pine Vanier board above the door in the pic, “the mystery mod” is grained so different the stain is deeper.

A Camper 2 tour? sure, By all means, YES. Plus I want to see what you have been up to over the last year and that fancy amp meter/shunt.

John

Old 09-14-2009, 08:39 PM   #16

SUN #385
Hematite
Hey John, thanks for the 1/2 point!

I'm going to have to get in touch with you and talk tractors. I forgot you used to have a farm and I can use a lot of advice on operating my new tractor! I'm learning, but slowly.

2007 Ford F150 FX4 Supercab 4x4, 5.4 FFV engine, 3.73LS.
Hematite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:08 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
John,

I need to go back and re-tour your rig so I can figure out what & where you plan to put those new panels of wood you made. I'm off to find your interior photos. Should be back hopefully this evening with a guess.

But, gosh darn, Gary is keeping me SO BUSY with projects, I am really lagging on computer time. Yeah, I know he's gonna totally deny it
Old 09-15-2009, 10:14 AM   #18

SUN #123
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyonkitty
John,

I need to go back and re-tour your rig so I can figure out what & where you plan to put those new panels of wood you made. I'm off to find your interior photos. Should be back hopefully this evening with a guess.

But, gosh darn, Gary is keeping me SO BUSY with projects, I am really lagging on computer time. Yeah, I know he's gonna totally deny it
http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/ph...=1286&start=15

...seems to be the best source of interior pics.

Jon
Old 09-15-2009, 10:22 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
Thanks Jon, you saved me some time. And I need to save all I can. I am trying to get outside and was the truck & n-used tires we put on yesterday. Plus a zillion other things. OH, yeah, we wimped out and are gonna have Camping World install the slide out awning thursday for 64 bucks. With Garys' hurt hip, it's not worth the hassle.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:34 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
Hey JohnB,

You should make a second cabinet door so you could install one on the center of the overhead cabinet in the living room. More storage space for Cindy. I'll be back later with my thoughts on the current new panels and where they might belong.

Kitty