Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-01-2007, 07:29 PM   #1

SUN #115
emam
Kayaking in the Apostle Islands

Cindy and I just left the Apostle Islands in Wisconsin, and I thought I'd share a few of the pictures. The place is beautiful and we had perfect camping weather the whole time. 60's during the day, and a cool low 50's at night.

We were lucky enough to get one day of calm water this late in the season while traveling through this area. Everyone we talked with told us not to go out kayaking because of the cold temperatures of Lake Superior this time of year, but we had a calm warm day, and decided to rent wet suits from a local outfitter anyway.

This shoreline is lined with beautiful caves that are begging to be paddled through. The water is crystal clear and for this one day, quite calm with only 1-2 foot rollers coming in. It was calm enough that we could time them as to not be caught close to a wall when a set would come rolling in.

Once in the caves, the water was glassy calm, and quite deceiving. We plan on coming back here in the summer time when Superior can be glassed over for multiple days in a row. We'll try and paddle out to some of the surrounding islands which are loaded with photo opportunities and wild animals. Bear, Wolves, and Eagles are some of the varous wildlife you're sure to see. While sitting by the campfire cooking dinner one night, we heard coyote's in the woods around us howling at the full moon.

Try not to laugh, but I only wanted to bring Cindy's smaller camera with the Fisheye lens incase I tipped over. I was too worried to bring the the much bigger Canon 1D with the 28-200"L" and I dont have an underwater housing for either of these cameras yet. So you can understand in my disapointment when we had a huge bald eagle fly over us and land in a tree. He sat watching us trying to decide if we were a meal or just some stupid humans scarying away his dinner.

I put the arrow to show where he was sitting in the tree. Cindy called me a dork for even including this shot, but I love eagles and was happy to see one.

And one last one to show how clear and calm the water was while in one of the caves

Enjoy, and hope you like them

http://everymilesamemory.smugmug.com...65845980_mxBiu
Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:06 AM   #2

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Great pictures Pat, thanks for sharing.

Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:52 AM   #3

SUN #128
Tweety
Wow...that looks awesome. Gotta add it to this "wish list."
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:09 PM   #4

SUN #307
purplesuebug
Oh CRAP...................someplace else Sue wants to go................Thanks Pat. Keep that up and we will be following you across the USA. Great shots.....thanks for sharing!!!! Marshall
purplesuebug is offline   Reply With Quote