Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-02-2007, 09:09 PM   #15

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
This thread on running your fridge on propane has kind of spun into a discussion of energy conservation when 110 vac hook-ups are not available.

There's one more point I think I should clarify, and that is the light bulbs in the light fixtures in our rigs. My '99 T-2453 has all 12vdc interior lighting that runs off the battery. The bulbs in those fixtures are 921 bulbs and are very bright. I replace some of them with 194 bulbs which are the same base, but are much dimmer. That bulb is used in all the marker lights on the outside of my trailer, so I keep a stock of them anyway.

Here is a pic of the two bulbs. The 194 is on the left, and the 921 is the larger one on the right.

In the fixtures that have two bulbs and separate switches, I just swap out one bright bulb for one dim one, and then use just the dim side when dry camping.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:50 PM   #16

SUN #115
emam
Our fridge runs on the propane and 12volt non-stop because we have 3 100watt solar panels and 4 6-volt Absorbed Glass Matt (AGM) batteries.

As long as we have semi-sunny days, we can run indefinately without having to worry about shore power. That's as long as we dont want to run the A/C. We can run the A/C off our inverter, but we cant run anything else or the power draw is too much.

For the cost of an extra battery and a small solar panel, I cant believe anyone, even those who dont usually Boondock wouldnt install one. You never know when you're going to be stranded or lose power, and having an extra battery can give you that extra day to figure a solution out.

Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote