Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-30-2009, 05:02 PM   #1

SUN #864
Nancy G.
How do you create your signature with vehicles listed??

Everyone lists their tow vehicle and camper model at the end of posts--you don't type all that every time, I assume! How do you get it to end every post and how does Steve have an actual signature???

Nancy G.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:39 PM   #2

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How do you create your signature with vehicles listed??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy G.
Everyone lists their tow vehicle and camper model at the end of posts--you don't type all that every time, I assume! How do you get it to end every post and how does Steve have an actual signature???

Nancy G.
Nancy,

Just below the Sunline Owner's Club banner at the top of the page are some menu choices. One of them is Profile. Go in there, and you can edit a lot of your settings and preferences for how this website works for you. About halfway down the page is Signature. It is a freeform box for text. You can enter up to 255 characters. Most folks list their Sunline year and model, and tow vehicle.

Now, my "Steve" signature is actually a picture. I scanned my written name, and then edited it with a program that gives the background of the pic total transparency. When the photo is displayed, it appears to be written on the screen with none of the usual white box effect. It takes on the background of whatever forum I use it in. Here is light gray, over on another is tan. Doesn't matter, they all access the same pic with the transparent background.

Pictures are entered into message bodies and signature blocks in this manner:
[img]precise web address where pic is located[/img]
When you compose a message up above the text box are some buttons. One is Img. Press it once and it puts [img] in your text. Type the full http://www.etc. and then press Img again. It will automatically place [/img] after your web address. Or, you can just type [img] to start and [/img] to end the image location. URL has to be precise, and no spaces before or after, and it has to start with http://

The pic has to be stored somewhere accessible online like photobucket. I keep mine in the storage space provided by my ISP so that I have complete control of file name, etc. If you place your cursor over a pic in a message or signature and right click your mouse, one of the choices is Properties. Select that choice, and you will see the web address of the pic plus its size and dimensions.

If you want to put a pic in your message body, first resize it down to 640x480. Anything larger distorts the display of the message thread and takes longer to load. Those pics I posted of our galley area would have taken forever to display at their original size.

For a pic in a signature, smaller is better. The pic of my truck and trailer is 15K in size and only 334x116. Steve is 1237 bytes and is 105x43 pixels. If you use a pic of your rig, crop as much as you can first, and then size it down for the signature area.

Windows photo editor is a good program to use to downsize pictures, crop them, etc. Uh, that is presuming you have a PC and not a Mac...

I believe here in Sunline Community there is a sticky message thread with more info about posting pics.

Helpful hint: when you try to compose a message with a pic in it, you can press the preview button instead of submit, and it will display your message as it will appear. Scroll down below that to get back to the composition window.

Other buttons above the composition window are B for bold, i for italics, u for under line, and so on. Interestingly, URL's work just fine by just typing the full address on a line by itself so don't bother with the button.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:37 PM   #3

SUN #864
Nancy G.
Creating a signature

Thanks, Steve--that's a lot more info than I want right now, but I did start a simple signature!

NancyG.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:43 PM   #4

SUN #864
Nancy G.
Creating a signature

Well for some reason that didn't work--let me try again!
Nancy G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #5

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Creating a signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy G.
Well for some reason that didn't work--let me try again!
If you automatically want it to attach to every post you make, you can change the setting in your profile to attach it to all your posts. It's one of the yes/no questions listed there.

Just an FYI, it won't add it to your old posts, it'll only do future ones. If you want though, you can go back and edit the old posts to include it, but really is not necessary.

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote