Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-28-2014, 08:49 PM   #1

SUN #6697
Dmboles515 is an unknown quantity at this point
Help t-1550

Purchased this t-1550 recently. It is a fixer upper but has a lot of potential! Can anyone give an idea what year model it is?

The floor has a soft spot by the door and the back wall and storage area seems rotten. The trailer seems to be sound otherwise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (79.2 KB, 22 views)

Old 08-29-2014, 10:43 AM   #2

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the SOC.

Your Trailer has been repainted. I like the color combination and design.

If you were to post pictures of the light next to the door it would be helpful. Also some pictures of the interior. If interior has some original fabrics, it is a clue. Even the wall paper colors and patterns can help.

Sunline Fan can give more info if you respond to the "list your vin #" thread.

I have a 1983 T-1550. I think (based on your light, though hard to see) I think you are about 1985.

P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:45 AM   #3

SUN #5052
Seralisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, we have a 1983 t1550 also...more pics of yours would be welcome. When we got ours I found the same type of problem, soft floor. This was from roof leaks. Trailer sat in a field in Northwest Connecticut for several years and was subjected to several feet of snow on the roof. We resealed the roof with a latex rubber sealer used on flat roofs and stays flexible. Knock on wood, no leaks even in the heaviest rain. Had to patch the floor, Cut out sections, replace sub framing and reseal joints. It has a metal floor protector the entire underside of the trailer. You need to be sure it has not been ripped open or rotted out as it protects the underside of the wood floor. All of my windows are louvered crank out style. The last 1550 I saw with your windows was a 1985. Inside, on the back wall of the closet should be a paper "birth certificate" of your trailer. Good luck!
Lincoln