Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-15-2011, 07:47 PM   #1

SUN #3125
jtriggs1941 is an unknown quantity at this point
Help for Lost Newbie!

Being new to this whole TT thing, I've spent several days now reading & reading & reading this web site and I've learned a lot. However, I'm wondering a few things. 1) Is the T26C Saturn not a common model? Does anyone else on here have one? 2) I've learned through the conversations on here that I won't be able to find replacement Sunline decals. Will I not be able to find Sunline replacement parts either? 3) Is there someplace I can go to find a floorplan with measurements for my camper along with a list of what is supposed to be in it? For example, what type of wood was used, what the name of the wallboard used, etc. I can't seem to find any info on this type of camper anywhere on the web.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtriggs1941 View Post

1) Is the T26C Saturn not a common model? Does anyone else on here have one? Can't help on this one. Don't know.

2) I've learned through the conversations on here that I won't be able to find replacement Sunline decals. Some have had to have a sign shop make them up if you have a high quality image to start with. This is one of the more complex things to get replaced. Key is finding a print shop at a price that makes it work it.

Will I not be able to find Sunline replacement parts either? This one is the easier one to answer. You can find a part or a replacement for just about anything in the camper. Sunline was more of a design and assemble company, just like most every other RV manufacture.

Think of it this way. Your house was built by a builder who went out of business 7 years ago. So now what? For the appliances you go to the manufacture or repair shops. Atwood and Dometic (Stove, furnace, HW heater, Fridge and AC unit) are still very much in business. Same for the Shurflo water pump. The power convertor might be difficult but and upgrade to a newer unit takes car of that. For axles and brakes, depending on how old what you have is, (80's era and older) parts are still available for 90's and newer. In some cases of very old you may be forced to an upgrade which some have on braking systems. While some of the trim in or on the camper may have changed styles and you cannot get an exact replacement, a newer vintage part can most times be made to work.

The question get's asked often, since Sunline is no longer where do we get parts for our campers? Well it does take a little digging on your own or and an RV dealer can still get most things. They may be more expensive but they can get most things. In my case it is a web search. I have not yet found anything on my camper that I cannot find on line and UPS or Fed Ex brings to my house. It is a "hunt"
for sure some times. The hardest part is what they call the thing...

3) Is there someplace I can go to find a floorplan with measurements for my camper along with a list of what is supposed to be in it?
Yup right here in our files section: Sunline Coach Owner's Club - Sunline Owner's Files Go to brochures, scroll to the year and there is the brochure. Here is the link to the 96 or 97 campers which I thought you said you had Sunline Coach Owner's Club - Sunline Owner's Files - Sunline Brochures

For example, what type of wood was used, what the name of the wallboard used, etc. I can't seem to find any info on this type of camper anywhere on the web.
Answers in blue as a start

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:52 PM   #3

SUN #3125
Help for Lost Newbie!

Thanks John! I've been trying to find info on the T26C Saturn on the web but no luck. I'm feeling a little lonely....

Does someone have a picture of the decal from a 97 Saturn? Mine are missing more than half of each of sticker so I'm not sure exactly what they even look like.

I'm also looking for replacement frig shelves but can't find anything on Dometic's site.

And I was REALLY hoping I could get a sheet of the "wallpaper" stuff. (I forget what you call it.) But I guess that's out of the question. There is a hole on the bedroom wall that needs patched. It looks like maybe there was something hanging on there to anchor the sliding door to for travel but it must have been knocked off at some point. It's too big to patch with caulk or anything. It's between the size of a golf ball & a tennis ball. Maybe I'll have to use some type of sticky contact paper to cover it up.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:13 AM   #4

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
One other point... Folr things like parts for the fridge and other non-Sunline items, you may be better off not telling the person at the parts counter that it is for an old Sunline. They tend to get a glassy stare in their eyes and tell you that they can't help you. Most of them can not understand that just because Sunline itself is out of business, all most all of the parts and pieces in the trailer were not Sunline stuff and should be readily replaceable or repairable.

Just tell them you are fixing a Dometic fridge and the model number, for example.

As for the hole in that wall, if it is in a place where a picture or wall hanging or something could cover it and not look out of place, that may be a much better solution. Another thing that can be used with great success is blank electric cover plates. They are available in several colors and sizes.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:19 AM   #5

SUN #3125
Thanks, Steve! I hadn't thought of a plate to cover it. That just might work. It's about 3-4" square.
jtriggs1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #6

SUN #597
henryj
RV-wallpaper.com

We met this guy while camping in Birch Run, MI this summer and he was really enthused about the repair he made to his old motorhome--took me for an inspection tour--and his new business venture. I've been meaning to post the address, but the web page wasn't up yet whenever I checked. The wall plate will no doubt be a cheaper alternative, but for others reading along... it may be a useful reference to file away...

RV Wallpaper Duplicators

I would think he might even be interested in expanding his business into decals. If he can do wallpaper, it shouldn't be a big tech leap to doing decals as well.

Henry
henryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #7

SUN #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryj View Post
We met this guy while camping in Birch Run, MI this summer and he was really enthused about the repair he made to his old motorhome--took me for an inspection tour--and his new business venture. I've been meaning to post the address, but the web page wasn't up yet whenever I checked. The wall plate will no doubt be a cheaper alternative, but for others reading along... it may be a useful reference to file away...

RV Wallpaper Duplicators

I would think he might even be interested in expanding his business into decals. If he can do wallpaper, it shouldn't be a big tech leap to doing decals as well.

Henry
Henry, THANK YOU!!!

I have just book marked that for future reference. That is for sure a new one!

John

Old 11-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #8

SUN #89
Quote:

I'm also looking for replacement frig shelves but can't find anything on Dometic's site.
Hi Terri,

Well I found some Dometic replacement fridge shelves but I do not know your model fridge.

Got fridge model/serail number?

We can help you look. I have found the RVdealership web site is back in operation. I bought from them a while ago and then they seemed to disapear, Now they are back on the PPL website.

You can start here: RV Refrigerator Repair Parts Online Catalog - PPL Motor Homes

This hit "Enter On line Parts Catalog" This takes you here to the RVdealership web site:

And then you need to pic,

Search by category: Pic "Refrigerators"

Then: "Dometic Refrigerator"

Then scroll to your model number, pic it

Then you have to pic "product number" which may be a series number. Don;t know I would have to go look at my own even

Then pic "interior"

Then it lists the parts they offer and shelves are on the list. They also have an exploded view of the parts diagrams. Click on "Show diagram"

You can order right from PPL (I have used then several times with good luck) OR once you find the Dometic part number you can web search on it.

If this hunt and destroy mission is too much... then call them with your model and serial number. They can help you through this.

Hope this helps

John

Old 11-17-2011, 02:51 PM   #9

SUN #3125
Wow, JohnB! Thanks! But I think I'm going to have to go a different way. I can't afford $200 for shelves. I'm thinking about wire-brushing them & then either rubberized or appliance paint. Do you think that would work?
jtriggs1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #10

SUN #89
Quote:
Wow, JohnB! Thanks! But I think I'm going to have to go a different way. I can't afford $200 for shelves. I'm thinking about wire-brushing them & then either rubberized or appliance paint. Do you think that would work?
Sanding down/wire bushing the old grates, while tedious can prep them for painting/coating. I myself have never used rubberized paint. I have used appliance paint and it goes on good, just I never used it on an inside of a fridge. If the can says it is good for inside then that is an option. I can't really think of a problem other then maybe some food contact concern. Working for a food company we are always on the look out for surfaces that are not food rated for contact. While most fridge things are isolated from the shelves themselves, people do at times but bare fruit etc and things on the shelves.

And again if the rubberized is good for this too then I do not see why that would not work.

May want to experiment on the smallest "cheapest" to replace shelf in case it all goes wrong. Then again there are painter strippers that I'm sure can eat off anything you put on to try once again.

Let us know how this comes out.

John

Tags
floorplan, saturn, t26c