Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-12-2008, 08:40 PM   #1

SUN #300
DF5.4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Getting a new TV

We have a 1999 Ford F150 as the current TV. It's got the 4.6 and no tow package. I have upgraded a lot of things on it over the years. It's gone everywhere we have wanted. Last year we went to Maine with it. There were a couple of times pulling the Sunline in 90+ degrees up a grade when it got warm enough to shut off the A/C. I've always known that the 2970 was at the upper limit of the truck (if not a little over it). Last weekend we went to Hickory Hill in Bath NY. (see this months calandar picture). It was in the mid 90s Friday. There is a hill going south on RT 390 out of Dansville NY that gains about 1100 ft in 10 miles. About half way up I had to stop because the truck got too hot again. We waited about 15 minutes on the shoulder and it cooled enough to go the rest of the way. I turned the heat on in the truck to finish the climb. (not a fun way to ride in 90 degree weather). It was cooler coming home and made the trip uneventfully.

Renee and I started talking about upgrading the truck. Today we bought a black 2007 Expedition XLT. It has the HD tow package and the rear load leveling suspention. The GCWR of the F150 was 11500lbs. This one is 15000lbs. The kids will have plenty of room (they're not getting any smaller) and now the dog can ride with us in the A/C. I got a the carfax report on it and it was a company car in Dearborn MI. The reciever looks like the only thing put in it was a cover. We pick it up Saturday morning.

Now my questions. I might have to adjust the hitch height. What is the best way to do it? How do I change my screen name since I will no longer have a 4.6 truck?

1999 T-2970 Solaris SE
2007 Ford Expedition

DF5.4 is offline   Reply With Quote