Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-22-2007, 09:01 PM   #1

SUN #115
emam
Found Someone Who Has some Stuff From the Sunline Auction!

Every day I am just amazed at how small of a world this rock we live on is!! Cindy and I were in Michigan's Upper Peninsula in the small town of Munising and were taking some pictures of a water fall.

A group of older folks walked up behind us and like usual, we all got to talking. One of them asked if that was our camper in the parking lot of the visitor center, and we said yes. They said they were from Pennsylvainia and a few of them lived in Denver. The one guy knew all the names of the owners of Sunline and said "Do you want to hear what really happened?"

He went on to say that the owners were two Mennonite borthers who had started it and ran it for many years. Then a company bought it that had a bunch of different companies that were all making good money. They needed a company that would cost them some money so they could show a loss. He went on to say that this new company allowed Sunline to take a dive so they could file Chapter 11 and go bankrupt and then go out of business. I'm not sure if all of this is factual, but he knew Dale Zimmermann's name and a bunch of others.

I guess the guy does Fiberglass repair and said that when ever a modle was brought in for repair, he was the guy that SUnline would bring in to fix the fiberglass. He also went on to say that the day of the auction, he was there and got a ton of stuff that they were just going to throw out. He said he has a bunch of stickers, four of the couches/sofa-beds and a bunch of other stuff

He gave me his business card and said that if anyone wanted anything for a Sunline, he knows of a bunch of people who have stuff. He was 78 years old and sort of repeated himself ALOT, but he knew quite a bit about the company to be BSing me too much.

His name is Carl Mohler and his number is 717-336-5345 I told him that I would post his number, but we just saw him today, and he wont be back home in PA till mid week.

It's just strange that we run into people all over and the world just keeps shrinking!!

Good Luck if you call him
Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:00 AM   #2

SUN #67
264SRinPA
That sounds like something an investment company would do for a tax write off. Ruin hundreds of peoples lives for their own personal gain.

Sunlines= '06-2075, '06-264SR
264SRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:38 AM   #3

SUN #115
emam
Basically he said that's what the investment company did. He said that the orignal owners were very saddened that it happened that way, but there was nothing that they could do once they had sold it.

This guy we were talking to were Mennonites and he said the orignal owerns were also of that religion. He said they were very good people and he knew them personally. It just sucks to see it happen to such a good company.

I guess that's the way of big business

Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
Old 09-23-2007, 12:13 PM   #4

SUN #269
medbill
Send a message via AIM to medbill
That is a real bummer but great lead should someone need something!

I had an experience about the American Way yesterday. I am a volunteer for a wounded Marine and at an event for him yesterday I had a very special American flag set up under my tent. It was made by grade school kids right after 0911. Well this flag was for Sgt. Eddie Ryan and I just had it up because it was fitting and special. A guy came up and said how much for the flag. Sorry not for sale I said. He says this is America everything is for sale and I said not that flag, here is the website go get your own. He said I was un-American for not selling it to him. Took everything I had in me not to jump over the table but I kept my cool. Hope he realized what he was messing with when I presented it to Sgt. Ryan up on stage.

www.helpeddieryan.com

www.redwhiteandblueoutdoors.com
medbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:16 PM   #5

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Pat,

That's an interesting read. It's nice to finally know the truth about the whole thing, even though we sort of expected something like that. It looks like I should give him a call.

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:57 AM   #6

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
FYI - I've added Carl's phone number to the Part Suppliers and Repair Facilities post within the Repairs and Maintenance forum so it wouldn't be lost.

Thanks Pat for sharing the story and information with us.
Hutch
Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:57 AM   #7

SUN #246
Janalee
Sunline stuff from auction...

Well Pat...Sorry to say I followed up on your listing and called Carl Mohler. He really doesn't have anything except one sofa (may be broken because it was thrown away) and a few odd cushions..I think the man may have gotten carried away with a story as he isn't the man who did the fiberglas repairs for Sunline-that person's name is Dan and I spoke to him also(Carl gave me his number and said to call him because he has stuff to sell too--NOT). Carl was excited that I called him but didn't have anything to sell and doesn't really know anyone who does. Carl had referred me to Dan(Dan has a fiberglas repair shop and worked on Sunnies--his #717-940-9322), who then offered to phone Carl to straighten things out---Dan called me back and told me about the broken sofa and he said that is the extent of what Carl has to offer...Thanks for trying to get some stuff going for us "lookers" but this one is definitely a dead end situation. Carl used to work building fiberglass boats many years ago--but NEVER did work for Sunline...I think his memory may be a bit foggy or he was lonely... Janalee
'96 2553 & '95 1950 Sunlines
'95 and '98 Solaris 2653's
2002 Solaris T-2363
Janalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:22 AM   #8

SUN #115
emam
Janalee, that's hsyterical because this guy wouldnt leave us alone and even walked through our camper telling us how he used to work on these models. He did tell us he was in his late 80's, so maybe the mind is fading a bit.

Sorry if I led you on a wild goose chase, thought maybe the lead might be a good one if anyone needed any fiberglass repair.

Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.lowkeyhideaway.com