Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-17-2011, 08:06 PM   #1

SUN #2576
Deb3g is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Found 2000 T2670 Solaris

Pardon me if I'm posting this to the wrong subject. This is my first post.
My husband and I are getting back to camping but now need a camper vs. a tent. This opens up all new questions! LOL
But for starters... I found a 2000 Solaris T2670 in a campground. The family hasn't had a chance to use it for 1 year. So today I went to look at it inside since the owners said the campground had a key. The electric wasn't on so all those elements will be checked next week. But there are only 2 issues I found so far. The bathroom floor is soft. The owners said it was a leaking HW heater. There is no other damage inside. In fact, the inside looks brand new!!! I couldn't believe it. The ouside shows decals peeling and the awning needs replacing as the fabric edge exposed to the sun is fraying. The outside needs a good cleaning but no dings or scrapes.
So of course I'm wondering if I'm making a wise purchase if all other systems check out. Also, what else should I be looking for? The owner's wife already indicated they would take $3000 cause they really aren't using it and don't want to move it home nor sell to the park. To me it seems like a great price... and helps make my hubby more amenable to getting it! LOL We are looking to be seasonal site campers.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:16 AM   #2

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
There are a number of threads in the Repairs and Maintenance on replacing water damaged floors. I suggest you look them over closely and decide if you want to do that on this trailer. It is not an impossible job, but it does take some skill. Unless, of course, you want to pay someone else to do the work.

The peeling decals are a growing problem for all of us. Some folks are opting to just remove them. Others have found ways to replace them such as having a sign shop paint them on or have purchased newly made replica decals. And there are some NOS decals being sold on Ebay.

Depending on the severity of the awning fraying, you might consider patching it with a special tape made for mending awnings. Or new ones can be ordered online or from most RV parts departments.

Unless it was a special order, that trailer will have a rubber membrane roof. That needs to be inspected closely by someone who understands them. That may open up a whole new set of problems or not.

Good luck!

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #3

SUN #2576
Deb3g is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I did look all over ceilings and walls... found no evidence of leaks. Will have to try to find an RV repair person to come to the campground to inspect the roof. We know nothing about RV's but we have a small farm and hubby is able to fix just about anything. But he works so much, I want this place for him to unwind, not work.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #4

SUN #2585
gjnico is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello Deb.

I am a new Sunline Owners Club member as of today. We bought our 2001 Sunline SR M-280 from my uncle, who was the original owner. Being a meticulous engineer, he kept it and the Chevy Suburban he used to tow it, in a garage at his home in Tennessee. My wife and I bought it a year ago as they were retiring from camping after many years.

Would you have interest in it? We decided to sell it and buy something in a local RV resort camp. If you're interested, we can discuss by phone and/or email. I'd like to sell the Suburban and Sunline trailer as a package. Both are in excellent condition. We have paid to rent space in order to keep them in a garage when not it use. The decals and all painting and trim are like new. We have received many compliments on this trailer and Suburban as they are so well-maintained.

I can send pictures upon request. I'll spare you details unless you're interested. We live in the Pittsburgh area and see that you are in NJ.

Greg
Old 07-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #5

SUN #881
brickric
Hello Deb. We have a 1997 2670 and really enjoy this floorplan. We too had a soft bathroom floor and did a renewal of the floor. Taking the bathroom apart is a bit of a job, but not impossible. The nice part is that you will not have to remove the tub. We were fortunate enough to not need to redo the floor under the bunks, just the bathroom and a bit towards the kitchen area. If you do buy, let me know and I can guide you a bit on the process. RPierce on here did the same project on a 2670 with pictures, try to look him up. Seems like the 2670 had issues with soft bathroom floors.