Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-24-2008, 06:22 PM   #1

SUN #502
flameworkz
finally got a day to start cleaning my TT, NEW PICS!

Here are some pics after the initial cleaning.....

and theres more on my photobucket

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k66/loc8tor/

1986 Sunline T 3350 Seville, 1994 Suburban 3500 4x4,my other toys;55 Pontiac StarChief,64 Pontiac Catalina 2+2,69 Pontiac GTO conv,74 Pontiac GTO,her toys;58 Studebaker Silver Hawk,62 Studebaker GT Hawks,04 Mustang 40th Anniversary Conv
flameworkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:25 PM   #2

SUN #62
rich2500
looks in excellent shape for the year,dang that thing is long

01 F-250 V-10 4x4 Lariat supercab SB auto 4:30 LS
draw-tite 1200# trunnion wd,friction sway control,prodigy
happy camping Rich,Maryellen,Josh and Jake
https://www.campingpa.com/
rich2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:20 PM   #3

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Lookin' good!

Thanks for the pics of the Seville logo and hubcaps. I have seen both from a distance, but never up close. Those hubcaps look like they can be polished up and repainted and they'll look great. It's rare to find a coach with all four still- that's the advantage of finding one that's sat.

My favorite part is always the initial clean-up. I'm so jealous!

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:22 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
I followed the link to your web site. WOW.... Your are "into" the restoration process that’s' for sure.

And thanks for posting the TT pics. Interesting to see how they made the older units. The cabinets doors look solid for sure.

With your handy skills, that camper will in top shape. You have good stock to start from.

Keep us posted

And I agree with Rich, man that thing looks long. How long is it? Mine is 32 feet but your looks even longer.

Happy camping

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:44 PM   #5

SUN #123
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB
And I agree with Rich, man that thing looks long. How long is it?
John, it's 33'7" from tongue to bumper. Also, UVW is 4680 and GVWR is 6440. Quite light IMO for a 34' coach. I'd say these are the coaches that made Sunline famous for the lightweights. It's amazing when you compare this coach to something newer- the '07 299SR has a UVW of 6765 and a GVWR of 10,000, and the 299 is three feet shorter! Yes, there's a slide (or two) involved, but still!

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Old 01-25-2008, 06:22 AM   #6

SUN #502
flameworkz
Unfortunately someone thought the hubcaps were wheels and the one in the upper right corner is missing 1 simulated lugnut, so if anyone out there has 1 or 2(Id like one for the spare), let me know.

From years of basking in the beach sun the curtains are very dry and somewhat brittle....not sure the material is available to match, but hopefully I can find something close.

The carpet, although looking good in pics, is stained, we are going to try and clean it, but may end up replacing it, its a little loose at the corner of the couch where the carpet meets the linoleum. Yhis is directly below the ceiling that shows signs of water damage(Hope this isnt a BIG problem).

The linoleum, is really really worn, I dont think even a good scrubbing and polish/wax, will bring it back, so that may need replacing.

The fridge has very hard seals, not sure if they will soften up or not. That might have to wait till warmer weather, I hope that they do, I like the wood cabinet style look they have on the doors!

Original microwave was long gone, not even sure what brand SUNLINE used. There was a small white one in the hole. It looked SO out of place with the rich wood. A trip to LOWES/HOME DEPOT( I feel there will be many, LOL) should fix that though!

Ceiling had 1 tack strip falling down from the aforementioned water damage. The ceiling tiles themselves appear to be re-useable.

What the heck is with that hanging light, you know the one on the chain, I smacked my head into that thing atleast 3 times....its so 70s, LOL!

THE ITEMS found during the clean up:
Floor jack(probably used when the left rear jack failed)
Kids life vest
2 tackle boxes
12 clay pigeons
glass vase
2 basket balls
Vacuum cleaner with attachments
Bag of buttons
MR MOM DVD case
Cassette tape with RAP music recorded on it
Combo lock(combo was written in sharpie inside 1 cabinet door, LOL)
several fuel attachments for a boat
A bearing(for what??? who knows)
A toaster oven
kids mirror
1 gallon silver roof paint
about 4 ft of rope
2 boat anchors
and 3 water hose inserts(they were harder than the seal on the fridge!)
1986 Sunline T 3350 Seville, 1994 Suburban 3500 4x4,my other toys;55 Pontiac StarChief,64 Pontiac Catalina 2+2,69 Pontiac GTO conv,74 Pontiac GTO,her toys;58 Studebaker Silver Hawk,62 Studebaker GT Hawks,04 Mustang 40th Anniversary Conv
Old 01-25-2008, 11:35 AM   #7

SUN #123
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameworkz
Unfortunately someone thought the hubcaps were wheels and the one in the upper right corner is missing 1 simulated lugnut, so if anyone out there has 1 or 2(Id like one for the spare), let me know.
I think you've got one of the few sets remaining, so chances of finding a replacement are pretty slim. I don't know about PA, but there's a guy just north of Lansing, MI that deals just in hubcaps. He has a store with 1000's of them. I've never been in there, but he might have one.

Quote:
From years of basking in the beach sun the curtains are very dry and somewhat brittle....not sure the material is available to match, but hopefully I can find something close.
I would give them a chance first. I assume they're all hooked on there like my '86 was, so just unhook them, take the hooks out, and throw them all the the washing machine. I didn't think my curtains would turn out that great, but they did. The fabric is somewhat coarse compared to the newer curtains, so they won't feel nice and soft no matter what you do. My suggestion would be to find some sort of jar or zip bag and store all the clips in that. Then, after you clean all the curtains, store them in a bag or something and keep them out of the trailer until you're done with everything. Otherwise, you'll probably end up pulling them down and washing them again. If you want to put them up right away though, make sure to clean the carpet first because the humidity leaves a film over everything in there.

Quote:
The carpet, although looking good in pics, is stained, we are going to try and clean it, but may end up replacing it, its a little loose at the corner of the couch where the carpet meets the linoleum. Yhis is directly below the ceiling that shows signs of water damage(Hope this isnt a BIG problem).
I would definitely check this out before you do anything. You may have to replace the carpet even if you don't want to.

Quote:
The linoleum, is really really worn, I dont think even a good scrubbing and polish/wax, will bring it back, so that may need replacing.
Like I've said before, give it a shot first. Replacing it will be a bigger job that you think.

Quote:
The fridge has very hard seals, not sure if they will soften up or not. That might have to wait till warmer weather, I hope that they do, I like the wood cabinet style look they have on the doors!
I can't imagine you couldn't get replacement seals for it. Before you do that, make sure the refer lights on gas and electric, because if it doesn't, that's whole 'nother problem. They do rebuilds on the units themselves for about $200, or you could replace all the guts for about $500, or lastly, replace the whole refer. Many people replace them with dorm style refers, though they lose out on the ability to have a gas unit.

If you do have to get a new refer, those panels in the doors should just slide out and you could put them on the new refer. I think the frame comes apart at the top and the panel is just sitting in a groove.

Quote:
Original microwave was long gone, not even sure what brand SUNLINE used. There was a small white one in the hole. It looked SO out of place with the rich wood. A trip to LOWES/HOME DEPOT( I feel there will be many, LOL) should fix that though!
The original microwave would have been a Dometic. You should be glad it's gone because they're so big! Those first generation ones would take up so much power that I think you're better off with a new, efficient model.

Quote:
What the heck is with that hanging light, you know the one on the chain, I smacked my head into that thing atleast 3 times....its so 70s, LOL!
To this day, I still can't believe they put a hanging light in a moving trailer. Since that spot would have had a chair in it, I'd recommend getting a chair to put there so you don't hit your head on it.

BTW, what interior is that, the Blue Velour or the Gray Velour?

Jon
Old 01-25-2008, 04:25 PM   #8

SUN #502
flameworkz
The interior is actually a brown with blue and tan stripes.....
Thanks for the other tips...Im kinda bummed about the ability of hubcaps.....