Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-02-2006, 08:41 PM   #1

SUN #43
Trailblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Factory Tour

Last week I had the opportunity to take the Sunline Factory Tour. I found the Sunline staff to be very friendly and informative. They gave me lots of advice and tips on taking care of my unit. Just seeing how the trailers are manufactured provided me with a wealth of information. If you happen to be in the area of the factory, I highly recommend taking this tour.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:23 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Sunline Factory Tour

I've taken the tour several times, and each time I see and/or learn something new. I still believe that Sunline makes one of the best coaches available. They might not be a Teton, but I have learned over the past 10 years of owning used Sunlines, that Sunlines are designed and built to be used for many, many many years with routine maintenance. Could you spend less money, yes, but you get what you pay for, could you spend more money, you sure can, but why would you if Sunline makes a unit that can fill your needs, and has a proven track record.

Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:12 PM   #3

SUN #62
rich2500
I live 25 mins. from the plant and still have not taken the tour,but I can vouch for the quality,after owning a nash which is supposedly a very good trailer,I'm much happier with the quality of our sunline.And when we first got our Sunline it had a water leak in the front compartment and Sunline did a very good job of trying to fix it,unfortunately they did not get it after two trips back so I fixed it myself,but the service was still excellent.
01 F-250 V-10 4x4 Lariat supercab SB auto 4:30 LS
draw-tite 1200# trunnion wd,friction sway control,prodigy
happy camping Rich,Maryellen,Josh and Jake
https://www.campingpa.com/
rich2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:23 PM   #4

SUN #15
GoodoleBob
To those who have actually taken the tour, how about telling us what you saw that was not what you expected to see. Also if they gave you some maintenence advise and tips, how about sharing this too...Please!

Bob....

GoodoleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:06 PM   #5

SUN #43
Trailblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
GoogleBob, your question is difficult to answer as I did not know what to expect to see when on the tour, so I really didn't see anything that I didn't expect to see. As far as tips and maintenance issues goes, some of the ones I remember were as follows:

When cleaning your roof use only powdered tide laundry soap or Dawn Dish washer soap.

Do not use any protectant on the roof at all. Anything that is petroleum based can damage the roof.

Depending on how much camping you do, check the roof up to four times per year for hairline cracks in the caulking. If any are found, use the self leveling caulking to fill in all cracks. Also check around all screws and look for cracks in the caulking and repair and necessary.

Check around all edges where there is putty tape for cracks. If you see cracks just use something small and round to smooth our the putty and cover up all cracks. If necessary, use some additional putty tape to fill in and larger cracks that you cannot press back together.

During winter storage, make sure you crack open a window slightly to all for some air circulation in the trailer.

Hope these help.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:16 PM   #6

SUN #15
GoodoleBob
Thanks Trailblazer! They do help especially their comments about the rubber roof cleaning. I'm particularly tuned into the care of my first rubber roof RV and don't want to do anything to harm it so I appreciate that info.

I guess I was wondering about the production facility in general. The demeaner of the workers, the cleanliness and organization of the work areas. Did it look like they had their act together. I've wondered if these factory tours show the visitor a staged assembly that is populated with worker who know they are on a tour and act accordingly...did you get a sense of that sort of thing? I'm way to skeptical for my own good at times I guess.

Bob

GoodoleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:41 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
GoodOleBob,
The tour takes you right into where the units are built, from start to finish. No "staged" production, actual TT being made for customers. You are on a guided tour, and each area is explained as to what they do. You get to see a lot of how they really build your trailer. You can even see how your rubber roof is created. Special order units are marked with a "red flag" stuck on the hitch. The cabinets are made in-house. I have visited the Teton factory in WY, and the Sunline factory and was impressed with both manufacturers. If your ever in that area, try to do the tour.

Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote