Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-12-2007, 09:19 AM   #1

SUN #42
Tom R
E-Bay Sale - 2007 Sunline Solaris 289 - 50% off MSRP

Hi All Sunline Owners and Wanabees...

I have been following e-bay to get a sense of pricing on the "orphaned" remaining new Sunline TTs. Most dealers have had reserves too high and the units for auction have not sold.

A "no reserve" new 2007 Sunline Solaris 289 with an invoice over $30K just sold for $16,000...about a 50% discount from MSRP. A good deal...probably indicative of the current market for these orphaned new Sunlines.

I will likely regret not buying in this market...just not ready to use one yet. Tom R in Two Harbors, Minnesota

Old 01-12-2007, 11:42 PM   #2

SUN #53
irishguy101
I think you are going to see quite a few so called orphaned Sunlines purchased in the future.
Their are a number of people that didn't want to pay the extra bucks to buy a Sunline and bought another brand just to save the bucks and ended up paying more out for repairs and poor workmanship.
So warranty or not watch them go of the lot, and yea the prices are still up at most dealers because they know that a Sunline is top of the line.

Old 03-05-2007, 05:22 PM   #3

SUN #204
ggroff
Lucky EBay Bidder

I happen to be the fortunate one who was on EBay at the right time. I bid on this unit however, talking with the dealer that was selling it, he had another one identical to the one on EBay only a slightly different color. I bought the other one (As IS)..even traded my Nomad in at the same time. I am familiar with Sunline's quality (live about 10 miles from Sunline) and normally could not afford a new Sunline. We had been looking for a new unit that fit our floor plan needs and this deal was too good to pass up. I drove to NC and picked it up. Itching for spring. We are looking forward to a long and wonderful time with our new Sunline.

Locally, I called Stoltzfus RV in Adamstown and asked if they still service Sunlines. They said, they would continue to do so. They said that they rarely see Sunlines in for repair.