Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-27-2008, 01:41 PM   #1

SUN #61
hoffmavl
Dinette removal

Has or does anyone know how hard it would be to re-remove the dinette and jackknife bed. What I like to do is add the free standing table and replace the jackknife with a Sleep and Store Sofa System by Flair; we saw these at the local RV show. Our son has out grown the bunks and hates the jackknife and I can't blame him its not comfortable at all. And I believe the carpet is already under the dinette benches? Any thoughts

Vaughn

08 Tundra crewmax
06 Sunline T-276SR

Old 01-27-2008, 03:19 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #395
HappyCampers is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't think it would be too hard of a job. I removed the gaucho/dinette from the Airstream I had and put in a sofa bed. The hardest part was getting the new sofa in the door. The only issue might be screw holes in your vinyl flooring after you disassemble the dinette. If your going to keep the coach you may as well make it the way you want it.
Lowell

2003 F-304SR (Last Sunline "The Big One")
1985 T-1650 (Current Sunline)
2004.5 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9 HO Cummins
HappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:23 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Vaughn,

I had a 1994 2160 that had the front goucho and 1/2 dinette arrangement. I wanted a chair. SO decided to remove the dinette portion.

First and foremost, side of the dinette IS attached to the wall with long screws that are installed from the outside of the trailer. And then there will also be holes in the vinyl flooring as the base is screwed down to the floor.
I was fortunate enuff to have a piece of matching beadboard paneling that I installed on the wall that hid the holes. Sorry, don't remember having a hole in the floor for table post, think I had one of those slider tables with the folding wobbly leg
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:27 PM   #4

SUN #62
rich2500
removing the dinnete would not be that hard,but I can tell you this the dinnete helps to support your large slide out floor,I know this because my slide floor actually separated from my dinnete and the partition between the sofa and dinnete,I fixed it by installing angle gussets under the dinnete seats,If you do decide to remove the dinnete I recommend that you make something to put under the slide for when its in the closed position to help support the weight from bouncing while traveling,I made a support for mine used a piece of plywood and wrapped it with carpet,then put a sticker next to my slide out switch to remind me to remove the support before opening the slide.my 267 is almost idenical to the 276 except for an extra foot in length.
01 F-250 V-10 4x4 Lariat supercab SB auto 4:30 LS
draw-tite 1200# trunnion wd,friction sway control,prodigy
happy camping Rich,Maryellen,Josh and Jake
https://www.campingpa.com/
rich2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:47 PM   #5

SUN #61
hoffmavl
Thanks for all the useful info, do you have any pictures of what the aftermath looks like, buy the way my dinette is hinged to the wall w/ a support leg, I decide to keep the one booth, the one closet to the front of the slide and table and just add two bar stools and the replacement sofa bed. This way I still maintain some storage
Vaughn

08 Tundra crewmax
06 Sunline T-276SR
Old 01-27-2008, 08:59 PM   #6

SUN #62
rich2500
actually I should have made my above post more clear,if you are just removing the hinged table you have nothing to worry about, it's the booths that add the support to the slide floor,sorry no pics, when I noticed the seperation I was into full steam ahead mode on what to do to fix the problem never even thought of grabbing a camera.I can take pics though of the supports I had to install.
01 F-250 V-10 4x4 Lariat supercab SB auto 4:30 LS
draw-tite 1200# trunnion wd,friction sway control,prodigy
happy camping Rich,Maryellen,Josh and Jake
https://www.campingpa.com/
rich2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:45 AM   #7

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Vaughn

Another option would be to just remove the jack-knife couch and replace it with a sofa-sleeper.

Flexsteel furniture is what’s used in a lot of RV and I believe you can get RV sofa sleepers in different lengths to fit your opening.

Brad & Hall is another supplier that sells RV couches, if interested.

Just another option that may even be less work and less impact to the structural integrity of the trailer.

Hutch

Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote