Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-15-2006, 05:46 PM   #1

SUN #19
Sunline1
Clean Carpets ??

Anyone have any good ways, to clean the high traffic areas of the carpets in my Sunline ? Any info appreciated.
Sunline1

2002 Sunline model T-2975 (large Bath)
Sunline1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:34 AM   #2

SUN #21
donreitz
Here's what we do. As part of winterizing our T-2499, I steam clean the carpet and furniture. We have an upright steam cleaner with a hand attachment that makes it easy to navigate the narrow confines of the unit. After each trip I vacuum the carpet, lightly, mist it with a dilute cleaner, and then rub the carpet with a clean towel. When on the road I keep a spray bottle of dilute cleaner and a soft towel handy to blot up spills and stains.

This works well for us. If you keep up with the stains, the rest is easy and the carpet stays nice.

Hope this helps.
Don

donreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:54 PM   #3

SUN #19
Sunline1
Don,

Sounds good. I think thats what I'll do.
Thanks for the info.
Cleaning etc., getting ready for the trip down south. Alot of work but it's worth it.
Happy Camping !!!
Sunline1
Old 09-16-2006, 05:30 PM   #4

SUN #21
donreitz
Another thing we try to do is take our shoes off in the trailer. That helps reduce tracked-in dirt, but the problem is there's no good place to stash our shoes out of the way. If anyone has figured out a clever shoe storage strategy I'd appreciate hearing about it.
Don
Old 10-01-2006, 07:49 AM   #5

SUN #62
rich2500
we use a product line from Home Depot called Capture,It was recommended to us from the carpet installer that recarpeted our house and the stuff works great and will not damage the carpet.
01 F-250 V-10 4x4 Lariat supercab SB auto 4:30 LS
draw-tite 1200# trunnion wd,friction sway control,prodigy
happy camping Rich,Maryellen,Josh and Jake
https://www.campingpa.com/
rich2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:48 AM   #6

SUN #49
tikibob
Another thing we try to do is take our shoes off in the trailer. That helps reduce tracked-in dirt, but the problem is there's no good place to stash our shoes out of the way. If anyone has figured out a clever shoe storage strategy I'd appreciate hearing about it.
Don

Don, We purchased a shoe pocket used for hanging in a closet...cut off three (as these would fit right next to the door) and turned them on their side. Then we cut stiff cardboard to fit the bottom so the pockets would stay open. Now, we have an easy spot to drop our shoes. Any dirt usually falls to the bottom of the pockets and stays off the floors. We also store our shoes in the very bottom cabinet under the sink. Another camper we met told us she uses the "garbage can" cabinet and keeps the can next to the door. We didn't opt for carpet in the TT and just use throw rugs for warmth and comfort. They can be shaken out and thrown in the washer when we return home. Hope this helps.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:08 PM   #7

SUN #21
donreitz
Very cool tikibob, it's worth a try.
Don