Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login


Join Sunline Club Forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 04:55 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
vcrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 788
SUN #37
vcrt
Camping chair

While at Buttonwood last June, Barbara and I were in the camp store and tried out this extra large folding chair. We decided not to buy it at that time, but we're thinking they would make nice Christmas presents for each other. I don't remember what they were selling for, and we've seen others online for about $109.00 each. Does anyone here have the same chair?
Rich
__________________

__________________
1992 T-2470 (now residing in South Carolina)
Current Sunline-2007 Solaris 2499
2018 Silverado 1500 w/Max Trailering pkg.
vcrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:02 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
awellis3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 625
SUN #987
awellis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcrt View Post
Does anyone here have the same chair?
Rich
A bit more info please? We have two "zero gravity-type" recliners. Mine is from Cabela's and Penny's was purchased at our RV dealer.
Mine is larger but cost less. We love them and take them whenever we go.
Here's Penny in hers


Teach
__________________

__________________
http://thumb0.webshots.net/t/88/171/5/88/75/2165588750103096700MZYWsp_th.jpgWright Ellis and Penny Sedgley
'10 Tundra 4X4
SOB -'14 Rockwood 2604WS (Rocky)
"Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows."
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
vcrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 788
SUN #37
vcrt
Hi Wright,
We'd prefer the larger one. Cabela's is one place I looked and I think they had the price of about $109.00.
Rich
__________________
1992 T-2470 (now residing in South Carolina)
Current Sunline-2007 Solaris 2499
2018 Silverado 1500 w/Max Trailering pkg.
vcrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
Moderator
 
JohnB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,650
SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Rich,

Now that we know your looking for zero gravity chairs, we have 2 of them. I'll hunt tonight for better pics

Cindy and her book


Ours have cushions that you can use "if" you want. So you can use it just with the mesh or with the cushion. In the summer Cindy likes just the mesh while I still like the cushion all year round. She says the cushion is too hot in the summer. In the spring, fall and winter the cushion helps insulate you and Cindy then uses the cushion.

We bought ours back in "I think" 2006 time frame or at least that far back as the pics shows the dates....LOL. We bought them at Camping world, they are aluminum verses steel. I think they where like $165 at the time. The cushion and the aluminum jack up the price. There are various builds of these. Some made more cheap than others.

We started out going cheap on camping chairs. And you get what you pay for. We had the canvas fold up ones. Cheap but soon they stretched and then the bars cut into your legs. Now use them for the grand kids. Then went to assorted metal chairs with criss cross plastic lath. I had one real old one that sat great… but it broke and cannot find them that sit good any more. The new ones we bought same style are now in the basement. Then we found captain chairs with the table on the side. They sat good for a while then started killing my back… Cindy fixed a special strap for my lower back and I still use that. This was a $75 one now about 5 years ago. Cindy gave up on hers and now have a new one she got at Costco and now another new one, no table she bought from Meijer… Seems all these chairs sit great in the store until about 3 months of using them and then they hurt… However, the zero gravity ones still sit well.

Good luck

John
__________________
Current Sunlines: 2004 T310SR - Fern Blue, 2004 T1950 - Fern Blue, 2004 T2475 - Nutmeg
Prior Sunlines: 2004 T2499 - Fern Blue
2005 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.8L V10 W/ 4.10 rear axle, CC, Short Bed, SRW. Reese HP trunnion bar hitch W/ HP DC

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 107
SUN #816
delcon88
Wright,
We got ours from camping world at the sept. Dover race at that same price of 109.00
also it is rated for up to 325lbs(for us big boys)
__________________
Paul & Terri
2003 F-345SR 5th Wheel#8145
2005 Chevy 2500 HD quad cab
2007 Bounder 35E W-22 Workhorse 8.1
1991 Jeep Wrangler (Towed)
delcon88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
awellis3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 625
SUN #987
awellis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcrt View Post
Hi Wright,
We'd prefer the larger one. Cabela's is one place I looked and I think they had the price of about $109.00.
Rich
One word of caution: Penny didn't think my Cabela's chair was comfortable, so we sent it back. I brought the chair home from the RV place "on approval" and she loved it.
One size doesn't fit all. Sit before you spend $100 on a chair, regardless of anyone's endorsement.

Teach
__________________
http://thumb0.webshots.net/t/88/171/5/88/75/2165588750103096700MZYWsp_th.jpgWright Ellis and Penny Sedgley
'10 Tundra 4X4
SOB -'14 Rockwood 2604WS (Rocky)
"Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows."
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Wannabes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 708
SUN #4050
Wannabes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Rich,

Now that we know your looking for zero gravity chairs, we have 2 of them. I'll hunt tonight for better pics

Cindy and her book


Ours have cushions that you can use "if" you want. So you can use it just with the mesh or with the cushion. In the summer Cindy likes just the mesh while I still like the cushion all year round. She says the cushion is too hot in the summer. In the spring, fall and winter the cushion helps insulate you and Cindy then uses the cushion.

We bought ours back in "I think" 2006 time frame or at least that far back as the pics shows the dates....LOL. We bought them at Camping world, they are aluminum verses steel. I think they where like $165 at the time. The cushion and the aluminum jack up the price. There are various builds of these. Some made more cheap than others.

We started out going cheap on camping chairs. And you get what you pay for. We had the canvas fold up ones. Cheap but soon they stretched and then the bars cut into your legs. Now use them for the grand kids. Then went to assorted metal chairs with criss cross plastic lath. I had one real old one that sat great… but it broke and cannot find them that sit good any more. The new ones we bought same style are now in the basement. Then we found captain chairs with the table on the side. They sat good for a while then started killing my back… Cindy fixed a special strap for my lower back and I still use that. This was a $75 one now about 5 years ago. Cindy gave up on hers and now have a new one she got at Costco and now another new one, no table she bought from Meijer… Seems all these chairs sit great in the store until about 3 months of using them and then they hurt… However, the zero gravity ones still sit well.

Good luck

John
Say, John, where is this campsite which is shown in your photo? It's beautiful.
__________________

Matthew and Lisa
TT: '02 T-2363;
TV: 2012 Ford F-150, 4x4/Off-road, 5.0L V8, "Big Gray"
Reese Straitline w/ dual cam
Wannabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #8
Moderator
 
JohnB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,650
SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabes View Post
Say, John, where is this campsite which is shown in your photo? It's beautiful.
Delaware State Park in Ohio. Ohio State Parks - Delaware State Park

The park is about 20 miles from home, built around a reservoir. We go there often and they are open year round. We are heading there on Friday after Thanksgiving, most likely on New years as well.

That nice site we where in now looks really different. That nice big tree was an ash tree. The Ash borer took out that tree and hundreds of others all over the camp ground. The park service cut many of them down this spring to not be a hazard in the CG. Really sad to see that many trees gone.

If you ever get over this way, let me know, we can hook up in the CG some time. It would be nice to hook up sometime and yak around the camp fire.

John
__________________

__________________
Current Sunlines: 2004 T310SR - Fern Blue, 2004 T1950 - Fern Blue, 2004 T2475 - Nutmeg
Prior Sunlines: 2004 T2499 - Fern Blue
2005 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.8L V10 W/ 4.10 rear axle, CC, Short Bed, SRW. Reese HP trunnion bar hitch W/ HP DC

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ied


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New To Camping jdcourt73 Introduce Yourself 2 08-30-2012 10:26 PM
Rocking Chair... sumac Classifieds Archive 7 07-01-2012 12:04 AM
Swivel Rocker Chair Slipcover? MarknShana Repairs and Maintenance 0 06-01-2010 10:25 AM
Chair Mod pwb01 Modifications 10 05-15-2010 03:05 PM
Wanted: 2007 Sunline Chair Sunline Fan Wanted 0 06-01-2009 01:44 AM



Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sunline RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:53 AM.