Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-26-2007, 11:31 AM   #1

SUN #78
tedontario
Broken Fan-Tastic Fan

Hi to all the Lucky People Who own a Sunline Coach.
We are trying to get everything figured out on our 2004 2499 TT. The problem we have is the Fan-Tastic Fan will not open. There are two screws that hold to motor in place. The back edge of the bracket has broken away from the mount. The screw will still secure in the mount. There is a threaded ring that apears to be part of a worm gear mechanism laying in the unit . If I try to open the cover manually by pulling the nob down and turning, the whole motor assembly pushes down. If I turn on the auto feature the same thing happens and there is nothing obsturcting the cover. I tool out the screen and pushed gently on the cover and it will lift but I think it has to do with this threaded worm gear part and I am not sure how to fix it. Maybe I should go to an RV dealer. Does anyone have any working knowledge of these fans. When we bought it I tried it and it worked fine Now not so much
Ted

Old 05-26-2007, 03:21 PM   #2

SUN #238
MikeM
Actually I would call the manufacturer.

I have seen other people contact them and get parts shipped to them free.

They stand behind their product.

mike

Old 05-26-2007, 04:07 PM   #3

SUN #149
nasa42a
Ted.....

About 5 years ago I had a fantastic fan develop an off-balance noise after 2 years of use. I wrote to the manufacturer.... and they sent me a new motor assembly and directions to return the defective unit....all without charge! They really do back their products!

Their website is fantasticvent.com. I'd write or email them with a complete explanation of your problem...as you detailed it in your forum post.

Frank
nasa42a is offline   Reply With Quote