Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-26-2006, 05:17 PM   #1

SUN #78
tedontario
After Market Insurance

Howdy everyone;
DW and I just bought a 2004 T2499 Sunline from General RV in MI. They wanted us to buy an after market insurance plan issued by Star RV. One reason we bought Sunline is because they are so well built. This unit is in great shape except on the net the unit has a power front jack but when we saw it this weekend it is gone which we complained about. The dealer doesn't seem to know what happen to it or seem to care.
What we are wondering most is if you have made any claims and been satisfied with this insurance rider program. They say it covers everything accept regular maintenance. It is $1653.00 for three years with a 100.00 deductable.

Thanks Ted

Old 11-26-2006, 05:33 PM   #2

SUN #115
emam
Hey Ted, the wife and I also purchased a 2499 from General RV in Novi MI. We also bought the insurance plan and although we havent had the need to use it yet (KNOCK ON WOOD) the way I justified it was to compare basic service to almost anything needed to be done.

I know I had a custom hitch installed and had three different prices quoted from different places, General did it for right around $1000 give or take a few $100 and that was the norm. Now they charge $90 and hour for labor and almost anything you need done these days is going to be a few hours labor minimum. That doesnt include the parts and hassle of getting it towed in if it happens to be that badly broken. I figured if you used it three times in the life of the trailer, it will be paid for. Thats cheap insurance for something you plan on dropping a pretty penny on.

So far, General has been nothing but great to us and helped us out in so many ways, that I've reconsidered all those bad things I've said inthe past about service/repair people

Hope the info helped? I wouldnt worry about the electric jack too much. I choose to have ours replaced with a manual one for the simple fact, I had a friend who had his trailer parked and the thing malfunctioned and we had to go buy a Hi-Lift jack to get it on the truck. I dont think you'll have that happen with the manual one unless you break both arms

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote