Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-03-2019, 02:44 PM   #1

SUN #11170
AddieK is an unknown quantity at this point
Advise Welcomed

Thank you for allowing me to join the Club. I'm totally new to this kind of thing. My late husband took care of all these things.

My husband (Tom) and I bought our 2004 Sunline 264SR in August 2014. We loved it!
We did a 6 week trip in 2015 to the great north west and although we were new to RVing, it was a fun-filled, trouble-free, extremely comfortable and exciting experience.
In early 2016 Tom was suddenly diagnosed with cancer, fought like a champion but completed his life journey in October 2017.
We were together for 50 years -- I am trying to begin to move forward. It is now time, sadly, to sell the camper.
I was hoping to get advice etc. from the Club members on how to make a fair deal without getting "fleeced".
I look forward to hearing from you and "thank you" in advance.
Addie

Old 04-04-2019, 09:56 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome Addie!

I'm glad to hear you had a great, memorable trip in your trailer. Making those memories is what RVing is all about.

Without seeing pictures, it's pretty hard to assess the condition and value. I can safely say that with it sitting since 2015, it's very likely the trailer will need new tires. Unfortunately trailer tires only have about a five year life span, and not replacing them can cause blow outs, which will tear up the outside of the trailer and cause a lot more damage. Sunline plastic parts and metal to match are not impossible to find, but they are a little more unusual and it would cost a lot more to have blowout damage repaired than to just buy new tires.

The other fear is water damage. Trailer roofs need to be inspected at least yearly and resealed at the first sign of any sealant failure. Otherwise water can intrude and rot away the wood inside the wall, which you won't discover until the damage has become pretty severe. If you don't know about the history of the roof's service, it might be a good idea to have someone check it out.

On that note, whoever you have look at it needs to know that the roof IS NOT walk-on. They can walk on it by placing a blanket or towel on the roof and then putting plywood on top of that to span the rafters. The roof itself is not self supporting.

Do you have any pictures available of the trailer?

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:20 PM   #3

SUN #402
flbradjr
My local library used to have a book that listed Travel Trailer values. But it has disappeared because it aged out (was to old) so I can't even give you a name.
The book was similar to the car - NADA books - listed New Price, Weight, Current Value. Search your library, Barnes & Noble, Ebay???
See if any similar models are for sale - either Sunline or comparable model from another manufacturer. Wish you well.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:11 AM   #4

SUN #849
J&A Lima Oh
Basic prices on Sunline Campers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieK View Post
Thank you for allowing me to join the Club. I'm totally new to this kind of thing. My late husband took care of all these things.

My husband (Tom) and I bought our 2004 Sunline 264SR in August 2014. We loved it!
We did a 6 week trip in 2015 to the great north west and although we were new to RVing, it was a fun-filled, trouble-free, extremely comfortable and exciting experience.
In early 2016 Tom was suddenly diagnosed with cancer, fought like a champion but completed his life journey in October 2017.
We were together for 50 years -- I am trying to begin to move forward. It is now time, sadly, to sell the camper.
I was hoping to get advice etc. from the Club members on how to make a fair deal without getting "fleeced".
I look forward to hearing from you and "thank you" in advance.
Addie
https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2004/SUNLINE and select your information. This will give you a price range.