Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #1

SUN #1769
Sunny12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 2002 Sunline Solaris T-2363 Price?

Hello, I am retired 60 years old. First time trailer buyer, tho have camped many times before, and wish to continue doing so. I am looking at a 2002 Sunlind Solaris Lite Series T-2363 which is already located in the campground I use regularly. I am wondering if this trailer is a good buy, and also what periodic maintance may be required on it. I am not too good on roofs for coating them, nor changing tires on it--it would be stored permanently at a campground. So it could not be towed for service with my small car. But I am wondring if the price is fair, and how I will be able to manage the roof and tire things...is that hard to do? And how often must it be done? And would you recommend this particular model and year trailer in my case. Thanks!

Old 12-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #2

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the Sunline Club Sunny12. I think the 2363 is an excellent choice (see my signature).

I really don't know what the current going price would be for the 2363 since I purchased mine in 2003. I expect Sunline Fan (Jon) will be able to help there.

The biggest thing for maintainence is preventing roof leaks in my opinion. You should look at all the seams on the roof about twice a year and cover any cracked or loose areas with self leveling Dicor. Not hard to do but you will need a stable ladder to work from. The plastic roof vent covers tend to get brittle with age and a 2002 is probably due for replacement vent covers. At least if it stays in a campground you don't have to worry about loosing one on the road like I did. Changing them takes only a few minutes.

I should mention the rubber roof will not support a person walking on it unless you put down a few long boards to span a couple of roof rafters but most inspection and seam sealing can be done from a good ladder.

Gene

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:49 PM   #3

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
I will be 63 in February, and tow our trailer all over the Adirondacks every year and sometimes beyond. I do most of my own maintenance on the trailer plus modifications and upgrades.

The rubber roofs do not need periodic coating like the older metal roofs. They do need to be washed regularly and inspected for damage. The seams are coated with a special self-leveling caulk and and will begin to crack over time. Eventually these cracks will get deep enough to allow water to penetrate into the structure. This is a bad thing. So inspecting a couple of times a year (at least) is important.

I have a 10' ladder that works just fine for getting up high enough to eyeball the roof all around. It is half of a 20' extension ladder. If I need to actually get on the roof, I assemble the other half of the ladder.

There are a number of threads on roof maintenance in the Repairs and Maintenance sub-forum. They will give you a better idea of what is involved.

If the trailer is permanently sited in a seasonal type campground, there is not much to do for the tires. If the campground allows, remove them and store them under the trailer completely out of the sunlight and off the ground on wooden boards.

The trailer is pretty much like any seasonal home. If you let it go, it will eventually deteriorate. Upkeep is mostly the same as a regular home.

You didn't mention how much they are asking so it is not easy for any of us to offer any thoughts on that.

And, it would be helpful to know where you are. The best way to do that is to go into the User CP (Control Panel) and fill in some of the blanks about yourself. That way, every time you post in any forum, we'll have a better idea whom we are talking with.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:14 PM   #4

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, please get us some more details about the coach and a condition report, though pictures would really help here.

The current NADA is $3320 low retail and $4000 average. I think those are just a little low, I think these should be worth a little more and most don't sell for this these days. For a good, solid '02 2363 in clean condition (and I use the term clean loosely because that's based on everything I've seen, so I'd have to be the judge), I'd value it up to about $5000, maybe $5500 tops.

This doesn't apply to all NADA values now, this is just for this year/model combo. It could apply to other '02 Solaris LITE models (19-24'), but that's as far as I'd guess for without pulling other values.

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #5

SUN #37
vcrt is an unknown quantity at this point
Maintaining the roof like everyone here has said is excellent advice, but the big question I would have is, has that been done to this trailer up till now?
Check every place where water damage could show up (walls, inside closets and in storage compartments, look for discolored flooring and soft spots in the roof especially near the edges). Oh and use your nose to detect a mildew odor inside. If you don't feel confident about investigating this, get someone who does, b/c if you buy it and later find there is water damage, you'll wish you'd have passed on this deal.
Rich
vcrt is offline   Reply With Quote