Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-02-2014, 04:43 PM   #1

SUN #6471
McKisses is an unknown quantity at this point
1st trip

So we took our new to us 2001 280sr on its first trip, with Reese WD and sway control towed great, chevy express 3500 tow vehicle.
So half way up a steep hill on interstate 84 near home, Hopewell Junction, NY, i noticed i have no electric brake control, the plug came loose because the cap on the socket lost its spring, cable ties to the rescue.
Made it to New Hampshire 4 hours away no other problems.
Hooked up the water, saw water pouring out of the exterior shower, opened door turned off faucets only to have one break, off to closest rv dealer for plug to block the hot water line.
We heard water running after we washed dishes, waste line from the galley was split.
The dealer never told us the doors can auto lock, so yes we locked ourselfs out so we had to break in, luckily a miss spent youth helped lol.
"Do you smell pee?", yes the black line from the tank to the waste gate has a fine crack. Bucket to the rescue.
Why won't this door open, the dead bolt lock stopped working, we have 2 doors so we could get in i can't even open it from the inside..huh.
Hopefully the dealer will fix it.
Other than that we had a great time still way better than our pop up, can't wait for our next trip, virginia beach i think.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:33 PM   #2

SUN #6471
Just read the lock recall, that would explain it.

Old 08-02-2014, 06:11 PM   #3

SUN #5443
krazedave is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is a little tip from a RV Tech. When traveling do not lock the dead bolt. Any dealer or mobile tech has a master key. It will open the handle lock. It only will open the handle and not the dead bolt. Calling them will be less expensive than breaking in. If you are lucky and and you are at a park that has a host like me whow carries his work keys with him it will be free. The master keys are only available to dealers.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:02 PM   #4

SUN #6471
Thx krazedave, we did get an extra set of keys which we will hide while camping, I will take your advise on the deadbolt as it seems there is a problem with those locks.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #5

SUN #5443
krazedave is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for your reply and post. It reminded me that I replied to the recall and never got my new locks. I guess I will try again.