Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Community Admin, News & Specials Events > Announcements, News & Special Events
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-07-2010, 07:57 AM   #1

SUN #4
sunlineclub
New Ownership for Sunline Club

Hello fellow Sunliners. As many of you are aware, I have been unable to dedicate as much time as I would like to the website. Unfortunately, my job the last few years has required a huge amount of travel and not much time for other interests. Beyond a few camping trips a year, I hardly even see my trusty Sunline trailer!

That being said, I was recently approached about transferring ownership of SunlineClub.com. After discussing the details with Andy & Janet, I quickly became confident that they would be a perfect fit for SunlineClub. They already run several RV related forum communities and their management philosophy is to work with the members to make sure the club is meeting their needs. I can tell they really listen and will keep the best interest of the community in mind moving forward. I hope you will welcome Andy & Janet to our community.

Thank you for your continued support of Sunline Club,
Sarah

Old 03-07-2010, 11:03 AM   #2

SUN #1
Andy R is infamous around these parts
Sarah,

Thanks for entrusting us to continue what you started here. We look forward to learning about the needs of the community and providing the members the tools to make SOC even better. This is a special place and we look forward to spending time with you all in the years to come.

I will start off with a brief intro about me. I started my first forum from scratch in 2002, it's on Airstream travel trailers (www.AIRForums.com). I was restoring my old 1961 Airstream and needed way to communicate with other owners on how to address certain issues. It started to grow and I had a blast learning about forum software and finding solutions to ideas that members had on how to make the site better. Through a totally random event, I ended up adopting my first forum in 2004 that was going to be shut down by the owner because the cost to run the forum.

My fascination with forums continued to grow and slowly over the last 6 years have acquired various other forum communities. I understand how personal online forum communities are. They are very special places where many friendships are formed and a tremendous amount of information is shared. I am huge believer in forums and spend all day everyday working with wonderful mods/admins learning and working to make our forums better.

Janet works with me helping bring issues to my attention. She's off camping this weekend on the Oregon coast but will be around this next week to post her intro.

We were introduced to the mod team last week and had a chance to chat about some of the pluses and minuses of the current forum software. We plan to convert over to vBulletin (just like EMD_Driver suggested here). This change will simplify a lot of the tasks that currently are difficult with phpBB. The most obvious is the ability to post attachments to your posts. There is a whole list of other goodies that we will look at rolling out as well.

The moderation team will remain the same with the exception of one new member. JohnB has accepted a role on the team, so please congratulate him when you get a chance. The moderators not only zap spam and help keep the site organized but also help foster new discussions and most importantly act as a liaison to Janet and I helping us understand what their fellow member's needs are.

Both Janet and I are campers and look forward chatting with you all about the general camping stuff. Since we don't own Sunlines (yet) we depend on you all to guide us. We are here to provide you the tool you need to make SOC the best it can be. So if you have any ideas, thoughts, or feedback, please post it here, send me a PM, or tell a Moderator. We want to hear from you all...

I look forward to learning tons about Sunlines over the years to come and getting to know you all as well.

Regards,

Andy

Old 03-08-2010, 01:58 PM   #3

SUN #28
sunnyseagull
welcome aboard looking forward to keeping things growing

Dan
Old 03-08-2010, 03:41 PM   #4

SUN #1013
Janet H
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R
.... Janet works with me helping bring issues to my attention. She's off camping this weekend on the Oregon coast but will be around this next week to post her intro.
Guess I'm late to the party but the Oregon coast was great and 3 days of sun after a long gray winter was just too tempting to pass up. I was at Fort Stevens State Park near Astoria OR. The Park was lovely and historic old battlements were fun to explore.

As Andy mentioned I'll be available to help out as needed. As you may have surmised I live in the Pacific NW and enjoy camping. I have a very small travel trailer that I got a few years ago when the ground began to get harder. My husband and I spend as much time as we can manage exploring the northwest and love the adventure of an untraveled road.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I look forward to getting to know you all and reading about your travels.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:38 PM   #5

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Sarah

We wish you the best and want to thank you for what you have started here. It is amazing where we have come from since August of 2006. And at a time in great need when who knew Sunline was going out of business in November later that year.

We have now turned into a self support group with our unique collector Coaches working thru problems with our campers to making new friends that would have never existed if it was not for SOC. With just a little over 3 1/2 years we have 1,014 members and 26,909 articles posted. Who would think you can talk that much about a camper. WOW….

At the 2009 Buttonwood M & G last year that was an event to say the least. Seeing all those Sunlines in one place that all started from our little forum was amazing. Plus all the other smaller M & G’s that have now popped up too. The M & G’s are the Great! We thank you and wish you the best.

Andy and Janet,

Welcome to our small piece of Sunline history that continues to grow a little more each day. As you can tell, we really get into our Sunlines! Our virtual campfire burns bright where everyone sitting around it is welcome and can get help all for just asking. Our forum is unique for sure by it’s members all bound by a common interest in Sunlines, camping and friendship. We look forward to getting to know you better and hope some day to meet up with you in a campground.

Welcome

John and Cindy B

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:23 AM   #6

SUN #62
rich2500
sarah thank you for what you started here.
andy and janet thank you for taking over this great site
01 F-250 V-10 4x4 Lariat supercab SB auto 4:30 LS
draw-tite 1200# trunnion wd,friction sway control,prodigy
happy camping Rich,Maryellen,Josh and Jake
https://www.campingpa.com/
rich2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:19 PM   #7

SUN #1340
Drake is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for taking the reins Andy and Janet. I just discovered the forum several weeks ago, and already, I have found the people wonderful and the information invaluable. Thanks also to JohnB and thanks especially to Sarah. You folks are the glue that holds the whole shebang together!
Old 09-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #8

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Drake

Thanks for the kind words. We have many in our pot of glue that make Sunline Owners Club as special as it is. We never knew it would grow like this but glad it has. Now it is up to all of us to keep us "stuck" together.

Happy Camping

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:22 AM   #9

SUN #1632
WandaLust is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Dropping in........

I noticed the changes on the main page when I logged in. I haven't been here in awhile. I look forward to visiting from time to time even though we no longer have the little Sunline.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:14 AM   #10

SUN #987
awellis3
just don't mess with the right-hand sidebar that has all the new and active posts. it is a real time saver.

Teach
"Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows."
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:37 PM   #11

SUN #1632
Thanks. I'll learn how to use the new format in time.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:00 PM   #12

SUN #484
TRLRTRSH
Hello,
The site is much faster now! thanks fordoing what you're doing!
Old 10-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #13

SUN #1632
Yes it is faster now. I forgot ownership was changed. I had to get a new name and reregister the other day as my password no longer worked and I couldn't change it. I don't know what happened.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #14

SUN #1013
Janet H
Quote:
Originally Posted by WandaLust View Post
Yes it is faster now. I forgot ownership was changed. I had to get a new name and reregister the other day as my password no longer worked and I couldn't change it. I don't know what happened.

If you can remember anything about your old account I can merge the two accounts or restore the old one...
Old 10-25-2010, 06:24 PM   #15

SUN #1632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
If you can remember anything about your old account I can merge the two accounts or restore the old one...
Just the old name Wanda~Lust. I have the old password but it no longer works. It looks like I'm safely on here now.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:33 AM   #16

SUN #325
thebestsr
Hi folks, I haven't checked in here for a couple years but I certainly appreciate the newsletters. I've just checked out the site and it looks great! Thank you for all your hard work to keep this going. I've had my 1981 12 1/2 MC for 14 years now and it's been a blast with my mom's old camper. I get so much info from here. John from Maine.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:47 PM   #17

SUN #1013
Janet H
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestsr View Post
Hi folks, I haven't checked in here for a couple years but I certainly appreciate the newsletters. I've just checked out the site and it looks great! Thank you for all your hard work to keep this going. I've had my 1981 12 1/2 MC for 14 years now and it's been a blast with my mom's old camper. I get so much info from here. John from Maine.
Welcome back

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote