Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Community Admin, News & Specials Events > Announcements, News & Special Events
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-03-2017, 05:50 PM   #1

SUN #1013
Janet H
Account login Security change

I wanted to let you know that in the next day or so you may see a small change to the site login screen. This is being done as we add an extra layer of security to usernames and passwords. The login pages, registration page and pages where you might update your account login info will be behind an https url rather than the usual http url.

This change is being made to stay current with recommended security practices and not in response to any problem with the site or accounts.

HTTPS adds security in several ways; verifying that the site is the one a server is supposed to be talking to and by preventing tampering by 3rd parties. It stops Man-in-the-middle attacks, improving security for both the site and for those logging in.

This should not impact your usual browsing experience. You will still login, still tick the remember me box, etc. The location of the login button has changed however and the page looks a bit different.

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:31 PM   #2

SUN #1830
Jim-Bev-2363 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Janet. With the new changes I have problems. It is not just this site but others as well. When I do use the sign-in page I enter my information and hit to enter but I get put into a sign-in loop. It never shows me as signed in. Well, not really "never". If after entering the information, ID and Password, and hitting enter I am back at the Enter Password Page, again, I can then hit CTRL F5/F5 and the page refreshes with showing me as signed in.

This same problem happens when I enter a post and hit to post my posts doesn't show. If I hit the F5 "trick" again the page refreshes and shows my post.

Like I said, this isn't the only site that does that. Some car websites also. Not sure why but the sites do updates to use mobile phones, I think, and the code stops being worth much to us old pharts that still use Microsoft IE 11. I have also tried Microsoft Edge with little improvement. At first the pages seem faster but soon the "money-makers" on the site start banging together and pages become less friendly. I end up waiting on code more than really reading pages so I move on.

Like I said, this isn't the only site with this problem so it looks like Internet Explorer is another extinct species for two way sites such as this.

Jim-Bev-2363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #3

SUN #1830
I had t hit F5 to see that post and the "edit" button has gone away.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:34 PM   #4

SUN #1830
OOOps, edit is back. Ghosts?
Old 01-10-2017, 12:49 PM   #5

SUN #1013
Janet H
I'm sorry you are having trouble. What version of IE are you using?
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:44 PM   #6

SUN #1830
Hi Janet. Version 11.576.143930, Update Version 11.0.38 (KB3203621).

What I think (and it is just my opinion) is the advertisers are having problems with page loads that do not allow them access for bloated cookies. Pages have to wait for long running script. Not on my machine, but theirs. JMO.

I notice ads about pages I have visited. For instance, do a search for items on eBay and then see ads for those items on other internet pages/sites. Since I keep cookies/history cleaned I think it confuses the code. They want to find something that isn't there and so code runs until it finds something to sell me. Again, JMO.

Also, funny to me, is the spell-checker. When I typed eBay the first time I did not use caps to enter capital B. That ebay was underlined in red and incorrect. When I went back to use the "proper" eBay the werd was not underlined in red. Funny.

Janet, since this is happening on more than just this site it is not your problem but something "they" know about. It is just the way it is and I'm the dinosaur with Windows and due to extinction. I would bet that if I were to install Google, or another favored browser, I could use the site easily. but I ain't gonna do that.

It seems like when AOL was so popular and users were restricted by AOL to favored/approved sites. Now it seems Windows, IE and Edge, are restricted.

I will read here when I can and not when it becomes impossible. Thanks.

Jim
Old 01-16-2017, 07:39 PM   #7

SUN #1830
For your information: I came to this site without signing in and IE locked up and I had to do a hard-stop to get back into my computer. I could not close IE. I could not do anything but kill power and restart. That was as a user that has not become a member of this site.

My posting this, after signing in, has pages loading as I said before and having to do F5 page loads to see my posts and signed in user name. something just ain't right for my computers and these sites. All of my Windows laptops act the same. Here and on other similar forums. Facebook, eBay, Amazon, CraigsList and other sites do just fine.

Jim