Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Community Admin, News & Specials Events > Sunline Owners Club FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-26-2018, 07:08 PM   #1

SUN #10562
Vacallum85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Gas lines

Hi I have a project camper 87 sunline satellite 19' , just hooked up a gas bottle and turned it on but no gas coming through the stove lines or anything , anything I have to do to get it going, this baby is 100% original , thanks

Old 06-27-2018, 07:39 AM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
How long did you wait? The propane pressure is low it takes a good while to force all of the air out.

Old 06-27-2018, 07:59 AM   #3

SUN #10562
Ok yea I need to buy a new gas line as the old o e is broken , I'll wait longer , do I need to hook up the battery for the fridge to work ? I've did one yes the lights and think I might have to to get spark to I
Start the fridge up , also does anyone know how to use it? I have a turn dial with on off and pilot written on it . Thanks
Old 06-27-2018, 08:37 AM   #4

SUN #2097
Depends on the fridge the older ones had a BBQ type lighter and a pilot push button and did not require external electricity if it has lights on the panel then it does need power. But the flame is small so it will be the last thing to see gas pressure I would not even try until I had a stove flame. I use the sniff test don't try to start the stove until I smell propane then shut off the burner until the propane dissipates before lighting.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:13 PM   #5

SUN #8237
johnnybgood is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, like mainah said, it can take a while for the air to purge out of the gas line.

It takes quite a while to get my fridge going if it’s been sitting. On my T-1700 the refrigerator is at the end of the line. It will fire up with one to three pushes of the piezo button if it was used on gas the previous two to three days. Takes forever after a week or so.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:44 PM   #6

SUN #10562
Just replaced the regulator from the bottle and I think the one it came with was for a bbq, the new one is bigger with 2 parts to it , gas came through instantly, just need to fugue out the hot water system and fridge issue
Old 06-28-2018, 04:50 PM   #7

SUN #10562
The fridge ticks when hooked to gas and a 12v battery , it has a push button too , would the ignore be broken or the pilot flame broken?
Old 06-28-2018, 05:03 PM   #8

SUN #8237
johnnybgood is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacallum85 View Post
The fridge ticks when hooked to gas and a 12v battery , it has a push button too , would the ignore be broken or the pilot flame broken?

Not sure about yours, but mine has a little window by the igniter button and you can see it sparking when pressing the button. After the fridge starts you can see the blue flame.
Old 06-28-2018, 05:44 PM   #9

SUN #2097
Yeah the old one probably was a single stage regulator anything new will be two stage good upgrade. If your stove lights then you can move on The hot water one is easy because you can see what's going on, you'll need a bbq lighter (long nose) turn the knob to pilot push down the red button and hold it there is a hole with a bunch of parts in it including the pilot if you can light it hold the button down for awhile then release the pilot button the little flame should stay on then turn the control to on it should go off with a pretty big good blue flame. Don't leave it on if there is no water in it. Then move on to the fridge some what of the same drill except you don't need the lighter. Push the pilot button in and then the ignitor it should snap look in the tiny window on the left you should see a flash as you push the button after awhile the flame will stay on then release the pilot button and a blue flame should show in the little window.
Old 06-28-2018, 06:09 PM   #10

SUN #10562
I have the day off work tomorrow so I'm going to investigate more , there is a red window that I see a flash that might be it , I removed the grill just under the fridge which has all the gas lines etc . I'll have a look into it . I'm really happy everything works in this camper, just a shame I can't find a manuel .
Old 06-28-2018, 06:11 PM   #11

SUN #10562
Awesome advice , thank you so much ! I'll post my progress tomorrow ����������