Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Community Admin, News & Specials Events > Sunline Owners Club FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-09-2015, 10:40 AM   #1

SUN #7800
tcvaughan is an unknown quantity at this point
Bearings

I have a 1997 Solaris 2553. It doesn' have huge milage. We had it lifted off the ground while building our cabin. We now want to use it again. When we were about to lower it we checked the wheels. Some of the wheels have play . I looked in our manual. Doesn't really say anything or give me bearing replacement part numbers. I want to be safe and change out the bearings. Any Info would be appreciated. The old trailer is otherwise in pretty good shape and has some more life in it.
Thanks Terry.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:23 AM   #2

SUN #2943
Tod Osier is an unknown quantity at this point
Play likely does not indicate the need for new bearings. The spindle nuts may not be tightened properly. They were probably that way when you towed it last, since I can't imagine how they would loosen. We're it me, I'd pull the bearings and repack if they look good, otherwise not scarred or rusted or damaged to the eye.

If you really really want new bearings just because, the easiest way is to pull the bearings and look the numbers up along with the races and the seals.

2006 Sunline T-1950
2019 Ford F-250
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tod Osier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:38 AM   #3

SUN #7800
tcvaughan is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Tod. My uncle gave me the same advice. Just want to check for sure. Cheers. Terry.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:00 PM   #4

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Very common bearings NAPA should have them as a kit seals and all. It is difficult to get all of the play out because the cotter pin only has one spot it can fit in so it can only be - or + 1/6 th. It is better for them to be a bit loose than too tight.