Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Community Admin, News & Specials Events > Sunline Owners Club FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-30-2017, 10:26 AM   #1

SUN #9133
79suntime is an unknown quantity at this point
79 m3rd entrydoor repair

Hi there, trying to remove the entry door have wood rot! I closed the door and the bottom fell out literally Grr!
and of course supposed to go camping next week!
How do I even get it off?

Old 07-30-2017, 05:14 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi 79Sunline,

First off, Welcome to Sunline Owners Club!

Now your door problem.

This thread may help on the rebuilding process. We have had many members rebuild their older camper doors.
http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...ild-14425.html

I myself do not know on the older campers how the door hinges attach. On the newer campers, if you open the door and look in the hinge area, there are screws which hold the door unit to the hinge when is part of the metal door frame that is screwed to the camper wall. Taking those hinge screws out removes the door.

See if your 79 camper is made that way. If you get stuck still, take some pics of the hinge area and post them and we can see if we can help better. Someone with one of the older campers may be along shortly to help on how they removed their door or know where the screws are.

Hope this helps.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:36 PM   #3

SUN #8893
Thomascine is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello and welcome 79suntime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
On the newer campers, if you open the door and look in the hinge area, there are screws which hold the door unit to the hinge when is part of the metal door frame that is screwed to the camper wall. Taking those hinge screws out removes the door.
John
I removed the door the same way on my 1987. I thought I had pics but only have pics of the door already out. On the '87, there are two sets of hinges as part of the door frame. One set is for the screen door and the other set is for the actual door. Once the door is out, there were screws on the outside edges that hold the aluminum edge trim in place. Then there were screws that hold the glass and trim in place.

Once you get the door out and remove the screws that hold the aluminum trim, you should be able to see the wood if your door is made the same.

Tommie

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do..." Mark Twain]
Thomascine is offline   Reply With Quote