Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Games & Trivia
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-20-2015, 08:12 AM   #1

SUN #6257
JerryJ is an unknown quantity at this point
George Washington's teeth

We've all heard the stories and myths surrounding the teeth of George Washington.
I've been curious myself and it's one of those trivia stories I kind of followed, no reason, just general interest.

I was watching the 3 part mini series of "Son's of Liberty" and the Revolutionary War.
Of course, each writer, producer and director will put his or her spin on some of the facts. IMO this series was well done.
The following day there was another show on History channel (forgot which show as I deleted it.)
They said. Another story reveals that George Washington's dentist's last name was Wood and his practice sort of advertised "Wood"en teeth made by Dr. Wood and not made of wood itself.

They claim that George had only one tooth that was any good. So they gathered a batch of animal teeth and used other bones to create something for the teeth to anchor to.

I'm sure there are a hundred different websites and another hundred explanations to go along with them.

True or not, this one sounds to be more accurate. I'm no dentist and I never knew George personally despite how old my wife says I am.

boy, that British General Thomas Gage was sure a piece of work. What a tyrant he was (quote by George Washington)

BTW also in the series it depicted Ben Franklin as a good ole boy, sharp as a pin (which we knew he as anyway)

Jerry & Debbie
Ford Explorer 4.6 Triton V8, AWD, 4x4
1985 Sunline Saturn T-1350
Ham radio VE3JCJ, VHF, UHF and HF
JerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:49 PM   #2
Gone Traveling

SUN #10238
KossLein is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm, interesting perspective regarding good old George's teeth.